Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitIer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Help!! Reply with quote

I have a Samsung GRAND Prime phone (Android) and I know this isn't the right place for it but this is really the only community I have ever relied on for everything

Well my phone has a "record" option to it by default and I'm wondering how to retrieve a recording I have that I absolutely need for a legal case! Please help!!

t328163 wrote:
Your username derives from the fact that this site cannot format special characters lol.

t328163 wrote:

lmfao, on reddit i'd get banned
SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar option and I can access the recording by plugging mine into my PC, can't access yours that way?
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF wrote:
I have a similar option and I can access the recording by plugging mine into my PC, can't access yours that way?

^for some reason some computers just refuse to recognize phones as cameras.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel.
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatsage wrote:
SF wrote:

^for some reason some computers just refuse to recognize phones as cameras.

That's not true actually, for androids once you plug in your phone to computer, you pull down the notification bar and click the "Connected as..." then select either MTP or some other option i cant remember

I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Help!! Reply with quote

Shit wrote:
Well my phone has a "record" option to it by default and I'm wondering how to retrieve a recording I have that I absolutely need for a legal case! Please help!!

I'd just give the phone over to the police or whoever as evidence, say there's a recording on there of what happened, and let them figure out how to view it. A good lawyer would argue that you could've tampered with the recording if you don't do this.

But if it's not that much of an official legal thing, hooking it up to your computer and looking through the file system might get you to it.

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are storing the data in the phone memory instead of mass memory, remove the card and then plug the phone in. My phone shows the card data instead of the phone if i don't remove it.

If you are trying to recover deleted media then it can also be done even from your phone memory. You will need root and it involves dumping your full phone memory which can be pretty slow. Its not as good as recovering from a PC or USB but you might be able to recover if you're lucky and didn't overwrite the files.

Google how to recover files your phone model and look for a forum with a huge tutorial on dumping your phone memory (ignore the top 10 results as they link to crappy software for recovering from USB), would link ya but i forgot the forum name and can't be arsed to dig through Google. Search for samsung galaxy s3 files recovery if you can't find something good for your phone model, the same method will work for any device as long as it is running android.

If you still need help, PM me.

HitIer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was able to view the recording through an app on the Google store

Turns out, under municipal wiretapping legislation, the recording is inadmissible in court. Still good for reference sake though I guess

Thanks!

t328163 wrote:
Your username derives from the fact that this site cannot format special characters lol.

t328163 wrote:

lmfao, on reddit i'd get banned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: