Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ps2 modding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking -> Console Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Ps2 modding Reply with quote

I know ps2's are outdated and all that, but its all i got. Is there any way to make it so you can play backed up games without using swap magic or installing a mod chip into your system?
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what i'm thinking of.
I know it's possible coz in Philippines most of the consoles there have been modded so they can play pirated/bakup games. I don't know how they did it but i know it has something to do with replacing the lense that reads the disk.

Oreo Smile
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeMCBoot + OpenPS2Loader
xpl0rer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have 2 options really. You can either buy swapmagic to play games from burnt DVD/CD images, or use FreeMCBoot like Oreo Smile suggested. If you dont have the network adapter and a larger IDE harddrive knocking about this can get expensive nowadays mind. None the less, I'll go over the basic steps for each one.

Swapmagic is a pair of discs you use to boot the PS2 past the initial disc check the PS2 uses to check the disc formatting. You simply put the swapmagic disc in, wait for the prompt, then put your backup in and play, easy peasy (and cheaper).

Now for the FreeMCBoot method, you need to exploit the bug in the memory card loading vulnerability, which will then let you run homebrew off the memory card, and then off your hard drive. The vulnerability was actually patched with the second mass-market PS2 slims, all the phats (bar one Japanese model I beleive), are exploitable. What you need to do this is the following things :

Action Replay MAX (WITH the savedata tool) - You need this to transfer the exploit over to the memory card and required software.

The PS2 network adapter - Ebay or similar is best for these, not saying they are cheap mind.

An IDE 3.5" HDD - Larger the better, you can install games on it later on.

A USB pen - You need this for transferring files across to the memory card from the PS2 USB slots using AR MAX.

An ethernet cable (optional) - For sending games over to the PS2 HDD.

A spare memory card - For loading the exploit and homebrew.

An exploitable game - Google, make sure you check the SCEE codes!

(sorry, I am unable to post links at the moment, google is your friend).

Once you have all the things required, you need to find the AR MAX 'crunched' version of the exploit. Once you have it, copy it over to your USB pen, put the memory card in slot one, and run the AR MAX disc on the PS2, goto save manager, and uncrunch the exploit file to the memory card you want to use for it. Once that completes, put in your exploitable game disc, and boot up/restart the PS2. If all went well so far you should see a flash of white on the screen, and be welcomed by a homebrew loader.

Enjoy your modded PS2. Some things I recommend, are :

HDLoader - Run + installs games to the PS2 HDD.
HDLdumb - You can use this with HDLoader to send PS2 game images over to the PS2 HDD via the network.
PS2 Save Builder - For making saves to transfer over homebrew to the PS2.
MAX-XPS - For making 'crunched' saves for transfering homebrew over to the memory card using AR MAX.
A Component cable - The picture is much better on alot of games, not all though, unfortunately.
PS2-Menu - A nice homebrew app for loading other homebrew etc.
Execftp - An FTP server, for obvious reasons.
PS2loader - A boot manager for the PS2, very handy if you have alot of homebrew, you can set it autoboot into your prefered dashboard/homebrew.

When I can post links, I will improve this post.

~X
XxRaPiDK3LLERxX84
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can suggest is pcsx2 an ps2 emulator... You can copy the disc image to your computer then you can open that iso file using pcsx2 then volla you get to play the game...
carebeauty
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you very much for your valuable feedback
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking -> Console Modding All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: