Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How are games optimized for PC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: How are games optimized for PC? Reply with quote

I've tried google-ing it, but it just keeps coming up with "top 10 optimized games on pc" or "top 10 un-optimized games on PC"...

From general internet browsing knowledge; it's hard to optimize for PCs cause of varying hardware and software combinations right? But I heared someone say something about the devs creating a "virtual machine" for games that use pre-allocated hardware set ups. Your hardware is supposed to follow the set up or something.

So if a dev created a "virtual machine" that would be optimzed for a core 2 duo and a GTX 280, then anything below it might run it (if directx version is compatible, etc...), but it would be slower than intended, right? But if you had a GTX 980 and an i7 then it would run faster than intended right (assuming the architectures aren't too different)?
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is less need for games to be optimized on account of PCs becoming powerful and developers have gotten lazy. There are also platforms like Steam/Origin which have made gaming much worse in the aspect that devs can just push updates after updates and release unfinished crappy products they like to call finished games like Batman Arkham Knight being a great example of this.

I am not sure what you are referring to, cloud gaming ? What virtual machine ?

deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STN wrote:

I am not sure what you are referring to, cloud gaming ? What virtual machine ?

Oh I just heared it somewhere...

You know of any reliable articles (or something like that) that talk about how PC optimizations are done (in detail)? I don't want extreme details of how it's done like telling me you should always use this and that library in C++, etc...
more like an analysis? Idk.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L.Spiro (the creater of the now retired Memoryhacking software) writes pretty interesting game-related stuff here

http://lspiroengine.com

As for discussion/analysis, no idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: