Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a good hard drive eraser?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mune
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: a good hard drive eraser? Reply with quote

I was using eraser pro to zero out my hard drive but now they want you to register and the way they do it is really complicated because you have to go online every time and register every time you zero out your drive. (the key code they give you in the box is no good along with the instructions) do you guys know of a good program out there that does not make you register and jump threw hoops? any help would be really awsome!
Nirojan
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just swipe across the physical hard drive with a magnet. 8-23 swipes should be good
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I used this tool. It's freeware so you won't need to register/buy => http://download.cnet.com/WipeDisk/3000-2094_4-75449927.html
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seconding the magnet idea. it's a good idea to have a killswitch ready for your harddrive if you're into some more black stuff.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to store some sensible data, wether black or legit stuff, check out Vera Crypt. It's based on True Crypt, more to be the successor of it. You can use a thing called Hidden Partition. So, then you have 2 passwords and depending on which one you enter, you see different data... (helpful when you getting in trouble with law.) You can choose different and also multiple encryption algorithm. Powerful tool.

Edit:
If you simple want to sell yor harddrive via ebay or something like this, use the tool I mentioned and you're fine.
gir489
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used to work for Locheed, we'd just drill 3 holes in to the HDD where the platters were, and then chucked it in to a local computer parts recycling bin. Once the platters are shattered, it's impossible to put them back together.

A Windows "Full Erase" writes 0x00 to every sector of the drive. However this isn't very good and only does one pass. What you want is a DOD 5220 wipe. I have an app from Locheed I still use, but I'm sure there's some neckbeard Linux cunt who's written an open source version of the standard somewhere.
Zetrova
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use your window CD to "secure delete" the harddisk. (google secure delete windows)
elusiveness
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also can use CCleaner, its well know, and very effective disk/register cleaner, and a great anti-forensic tool.

priform wrote:
CCleaner has four methods of secure deletion: a Simple Overwrite (1 pass), DOD 5220.22-M (3 passes), NSA (7 passes), and Gutmann (35 passes). A 'pass' refers to how many times CCleaner writes over the spot on the hard drive. The more times CCleaner writes to that spot, the harder the file will be to recover by any means. The drawback is that it will take CCleaner longer to complete the job.

now zm0d is god damn right, but... if i was you, i'd rather only use truecrypt 7.1a because its the only one who has been audited after a crowd funding on indiegogo, and it is backdoor free, beside this you should always do a checksum on truecrypt when you download it to make sure your version is not corrupted.
H4x0rBattie
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBAN. Offers the same or better features than paid windows equivalents. And you can say for sure it's not slower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: