Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Number Generator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demonarke
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Random Number Generator Reply with quote

Ok so this time this is not about Unrandomizer but actually fiding the random number generator by yourself. So for exemple in unity the random can be done with :

"insideUnitCircle" Returns a random point inside a circle with radius 1 (Read Only).
"insideUnitSphere" Returns a random point inside a sphere with radius 1 (Read Only).
"onUnitSphere" Returns a random point on the surface of a sphere with radius 1 (Read Only).
"rotation" Returns a random rotation (Read Only).
"rotationUniform" Returns a random rotation with uniform distribution (Read Only).
"seed" Sets the seed for the random number generator.
value Returns a random number between 0.0 [inclusive] and 1.0 [inclusive] (Read Only).

Or :
Range Returns a random float number between and min [inclusive] and max [inclusive] (Read Only).

So range is a static functions. And all the other ones are Static variables.

I'll be taking the exemple of The Long Dark. Not because I want to cheat on this game but because it is a good example of what I want. So for exemple on a game like The Long Dark. If i wanted to find the random nunber Generator and edit it. How would I do it. I basically have all the way of doing random on unity. But from there how do I go ? If i can change the random number generator to generate for exemple :

Instead of making a value between 10 and 60 make it between 60 and 60. Know what I mean ? First of all I don't have a lot of knowledge in assembly but someone I know do. So he will be able to help me out a little.
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the cheat engine tutorial has a random number generator part; and it's much simpler and easier to hack than a game; so you can play with that if you want.

Let's say you have 100 hp, and whenever you are hit you take a random number of damage between 1 and 30. The way I'd do it is to just find the hp address, see what writes to it. Usually it'd be something like "mov [eax+??],edx"; so I'd replace it to "mov [eax+??],00", that way I'd take 0 damage instead of 1-30.

If you want to directly manipulate the generator (e.g. instead of 1-30, make it 10-100); you could use a tracer to trace back. I'd probably use some fomular though, like:

Quote:
add edx,05 //so it'd be 6-35 instead of 1-30
mov [eax+??],edx
Demonarke
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deama1234 wrote:
Well, the cheat engine tutorial has a random number generator part; and it's much simpler and easier to hack than a game; so you can play with that if you want.

Let's say you have 100 hp, and whenever you are hit you take a random number of damage between 1 and 30. The way I'd do it is to just find the hp address, see what writes to it. Usually it'd be something like "mov [eax+??],edx"; so I'd replace it to "mov [eax+??],00", that way I'd take 0 damage instead of 1-30.

If you want to directly manipulate the generator (e.g. instead of 1-30, make it 10-100); you could use a tracer to trace back. I'd probably use some fomular though, like:

Quote:
add edx,05 //so it'd be 6-35 instead of 1-30
mov [eax+??],edx

Mhh.... I'll try this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: