Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help and Infos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitesan
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Help and Infos Reply with quote

Hello boys.. i hate to be repetitive but i need infos and help about integrity check inside FC4 and ACU.. i would like to know how to do what stealthedit does so i can do it manually...
hhhuut
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's a great tutorial about the stealthedit plugin here: *Sorry, can't post URLs yet, but just search for "cheat engine stealthedit" via Google and click on the second link*

In short version:
It marks a specific Memory page as "Not executable" which will raise a DEP-Error when the program tries to enter (and execute) this Code page.
CE will kind of interfere this error and redirects the program to the page's copy, where you can inject code despite integrity checks.
Note: The stealthedited code page is still readable, so the memory check routines will scan the original code (and find no injections) while the code is actually executed from a different memory region.
kitesan
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot, and how to mark a specific Memory page as "Not executable" manually? i must change something inside the header? how to redirects the program to the page's copy? Thanks in advance
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a template for Stealthedit with AOB:

Code:
[ENABLE]
aobscan(AOB1,00 00 00 00 00 00 00)
stealthedit(YYYY,AOB1,248)
alloc(newmem,248)
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(XXXX)
registersymbol(XXXX)

newmem:
//newmem
jmp returnhere

originalcode:
//originalcode
jmp returnhere

YYYY:
XXXX:
//nop's
returnhere:

[DISABLE]

dealloc(newmem)
XXXX:
db 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

unregistersymbol(XXXX)

Make sure the proper Stealthedit plugin is loaded, then just enable the script. In order for a trainer to work, you also have to load the appropriate files when compiling the trainer and also create an LUA script with something like this:

Code:
plugin = loadPlugin(getCheatEngineDir() .. 'plugins\\StealthEdit\\umstealthedit-i386.dll')

However, to answer your original question, the Stealthedit plugin can be used to locate the integrity checks for you...allowing you to more easily manipulate them. How it does this/how to do this? I'd like to know myself. Mr. Green But, I'm sure some of the answers are not so simple and require a level of understanding that just takes time to develop.
kitesan
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot METHOS But I wanted to learn how to do stealthedit's job manually..
NEW: my goal was to learn lol
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Geri about Stealthedit.

Writing a dll that performs similarly to stealthedit has been discussed, but the discussions have always been brief and limited because the topic just requires all involved to already have some understanding of things that are generally more advanced and those things just take time to learn.

There are a handful of members here that can help with it if they have time and are willing. Very Happy But...most of it just has to be learned...there is no magic answer that will give you understanding, I'm afraid.
Geri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it would be just "change a few bytes here, click a few times there", someone would post it in 5 sentences how to do it, but it's not working that way.

CE has many features, amongst these are the options to show memory regions (CTRL+R) and also to change access and copy memory with AA instructions and it has a few different debuggers too. If you are really curious how are these things done, get the source code and dig through it.

To do something similar to stealthedit "manually", you could use the debugger. Set up a breakpoint and change EIP register to point to a different location. That can be done with CE debuggers.

This plugin is much more complicated than you think. After all, it contains features which are above the basic CE and even the basic CE packs so many advanced features, that beginners don't even have a clue about the extent of this software.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
kitesan
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot boys but at least tell me from where to start to get an overall understanding of it... or at least give me some advice about killing multiple checks at once
Geri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no easy solution, this is why the plugin was created.

I told you a solution which is easier to do with the debugger and I have also made an article years ago about bypassing a single memory check. Of course you can also try to use pointers.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Here is a template for Stealthedit with AOB:

Code:
[ENABLE]
aobscan(AOB1,00 00 00 00 00 00 00)
stealthedit(YYYY,AOB1,248)
alloc(newmem,248)
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(XXXX)
registersymbol(XXXX)

newmem:
//newmem
jmp returnhere

originalcode:
//originalcode
jmp returnhere

YYYY:
XXXX:
//nop's
returnhere:

[DISABLE]

dealloc(newmem)
XXXX:
db 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

unregistersymbol(XXXX)

Make sure the proper Stealthedit plugin is loaded, then just enable the script. In order for a trainer to work, you also have to load the appropriate files when compiling the trainer and also create an LUA script with something like this:

Code:
plugin = loadPlugin(getCheatEngineDir() .. 'plugins\\StealthEdit\\umstealthedit-i386.dll')

However, to answer your original question, the Stealthedit plugin can be used to locate the integrity checks for you...allowing you to more easily manipulate them. How it does this/how to do this? I'd like to know myself. Mr. Green But, I'm sure some of the answers are not so simple and require a level of understanding that just takes time to develop.

Please excuse, I only utilize the simple generic trainer creator.
I don't understand this line of lua code, maybe you may post the "entire" line please

Code:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: