Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need little help with protected games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oragon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Need little help with protected games Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm playing Ryse: son of rome now and I tired using cheat engine to get some valor points (experience) but every time i change the value of valor points it changes in the game as i see it but when i try to buy something the amount gets changed back to what it was as if I've never changed it.

for demonstration
let's say I've 1000 valor point available for me and i used cheat engine to find the address of the valor points and i changed the valor points to 9999.

now, in the game the 1000 will be 9999 but when I buy something let's say with 200 valor points, the amount wont be deducted from 9999 but from 1000 to be 800

what I want is there any tutorials for this protected games

sorry for being a noop
atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to a proper section since this is not a tutorial.
stanoja
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week ago I encountered similar problem with Grim Dawn. I could find the value and change it, but it kept returning back. That's happening because you're not looking the right value, you're looking at a copy of it, in example the real money value is kept in the class of the player, so should be near the Health, Mana, whatever you have there.

Possible solutions:
1) Look for another value near it, and see the code that it uses to write on it. Should be a [Register+offset] 99% of the cases. So the register is the original address, Try with Dissect Data Structures and add your address, Let CE fill the basic stuff.

2) Try Cheat Engine 64-bit, that helped me look for the original value when 32 bit couldn't, especially for float and double.

3) When searching TICK writable until it becomes square, to search all of the memory.

Demolish
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if something is changing this address, why won't you find what's writting to that address? If you do that, you will land exactly on mechanism of storing and coding that value. You just have to reverse it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: