Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pointers that I find on one PC aren't working on other PCs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebmxbandit11
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Pointers that I find on one PC aren't working on other PCs? Reply with quote

I am scanning for pointers in VVVVVV and when i find the 4byte value corresponding to the way the guy in the game is flipped it works on my pc no matter how many times i reset the game or reset my pc, but when i try it on my friends pc it points to nothing????

I have done a scan on my pc then a scan on my laptop using the results from the other PC, but it either is gives me 0 or all bad pointers.

the lowest i can get the pointer count by just using my 1 PC is ~60,000 and I am using 2048 size with 5 layers.

also i am using the exact same game.exe file on both systems.

any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not every pointer you find is a static base pointer. You have to filter them out. Let your current pointer scan open and restart the game. Attach CE again to the process and go to your last pointer scan result. Hit STRG+R (I guess) and rescan. Restart your computer sometimes and rescans again.

That all comes also with the built-in CE tutorial. Give it a try.
thebmxbandit11
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zm0d wrote:
Not every pointer you find is a static base pointer. You have to filter them out. Let your current pointer scan open and restart the game. Attach CE again to the process and go to your last pointer scan result. Hit STRG+R (I guess) and rescan. Restart your computer sometimes and rescans again.

That all comes also with the built-in CE tutorial. Give it a try.
]

yea that's what i've been doing I would say i am pretty good with pointer scans and have made around 10 lua trainers so i know the basics for sure. After about 7 game restarts and 2 pc restarts the results really just stick around 60,000 without any noticeable change with more scans.

the main thing is when i scan on one pc then transfer my pointer trace to my other pc and rescan using that list on the alternate pc i get some results but all of those pointers do not work. i get an average of about 100-4000 but they are are pointing to THREADSTACK or some .dll instead of the actual game exe. I know this can be fine, but all the pointers do not work on both pcs. I can find ones that work on one pc consistently but when transferred they fail to work.

thanks
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when i scan on one pc then transfer my pointer trace to my other pc and rescan using that list on the alternate pc i get some results but all of those pointers do not work. i get an average of about 100-4000 but they are are pointing to THREADSTACK or some .dll

so where is your problem? You got some pointers that are working on both pc. They are just coming from a DLL which can be.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've done a rescan on both pc's, all the pointers that are left do function on both pc's.
But if you wish you can always try a higher level scan and/or bigger max offset (e.g 5 with 3092 or 6 with 2048, or even 3092)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebmxbandit11 wrote:
i get an average of about 100-4000 but they are are pointing to THREADSTACK or some .dll instead of the actual game exe.

Try again, this time be sure to:
- uncheck "allow stack addresses of the first .......",
- check "no looping pointers"

That way, only pointers with base inside dll (or exe) will stay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: