Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

File hacking with Memory hacking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seal Slodes His
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: File hacking with Memory hacking Reply with quote

I need to find which value somewhere in the game file is related to the size (3d parameters). How to do it? I need to change size individually.

I can find a size of an object in the dynamical memory, but I want to find it in the game file.

I know that required pieces of file load into the memory.

So, I have the game code for types of objects (in the file and in the memory), general settings for every single object (in the file and in the memory), and it's structure in the dynamical memory (only in the memory).

General settings (GS) contain ID of the object, type, subtype, it's positions, coordinates of every position, and something specific.

Structure in the dynamical memory contain some things from GS, position at the moment, animation at the moment... size and something else.

Most of game's objects have the standart size:
00 10h 00 00 00 10h 00 00 00 10h 00 00 or 1000h X 1000h X 1000h.

But at least one of them has size settings in it's general settings. So, I think, there's a thing, that makes size standart or customizable.

But how to find that thing?
pellik
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already know where the data for objects is coming from in initilization (in the file), so if init happens after the game starts (new game, etc.) just bp on access and find the init routine which should also read in your size.

If the init happens when the program loads then I guess use a debugger like ollydbg since CE likes to attach to running programs (or is there an easy way to do this in CE?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: