Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performing actions Via scripting. Need Help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey1993
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Performing actions Via scripting. Need Help. Reply with quote

Hi guys. I need some help with something and I don't really know where to look or what the specific term is for the thing I need help doing. I'll do my best to explain.

I want to be able to perform tasks within a game such as opening a menu or equipping an item or Clicking an option. Here is the tricky part though. I want to be able to do the things I wrote above via a script. Without actually having to perform these actions the normal way. An automatic process such as executing a script and I tab into game to find item equipped or menu displayed.

If anyone can point me in the right direction. Provide me a link or shed some light on whether or not what I'm asking is even possible then please I'd very much appreciate it. thank you
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

find offsets in CE, ensure you have static pointers for everything you want to read from the game

pick your favorite programming language
google programming language of your choice and kernal32.dll openprocess
google programming language of your choice and kernal32.dll readprocessmemory
google programming language of your choice and user32.dll PostMessage
check out this link for postmessage parameters https://pastebin.com/f6c1db818

once you have the nuts and bolts, google examples and get your basic script working
once you have the basics working put them together in more and more complicated logic until you have a script working

pretty much every single language has support for all of this.
mikey1993
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. Before I devote all my time reading and researching the info you provided I just want further clarification if that's alright. I'm gonna write in full detail what it is I want to achieve with this particular endeavor.

in the game I play I use a Sword and Shield build. There are skills that can only be used using Spears. I cant equip Spears while I have shield equipped. The time it would take to open my inventory and unequip shield would be far too costly. So I'm hoping at this point you understand my dilemma. I want to be able to press a key that would unequip my shield and then requip it without even having to open the inventory. perhaps via code injection or Lua scripting. But if the info u provided me is also a means towards that then that's cool too.
mikey1993
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just more or less want to repeat an already existing function but cutting out a few steps needed to perform it. I've been doing some reading and I'm such a nub. if I read it right what I want to do involves Hooking / Calling functions. I already used Ultimap to find the function. Well I got back 60 results and I unfortunately was unable to narrow it down any further than that. please if there's any further info about how I do this I'd love to know.
cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you want to do is definitely possible. You will need to practice your CE to get to the difficulty level of your desired actions. However, non-hooking automation is easily accomplished with the above functions. You may want to start there, get w/e you're working on working, then read tutorials and watch youtube videos on the next step to optimize your scripting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: