Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pointer scan for Legionwood 2 (RPG Maker VX Ace, I believe)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCHubble
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Pointer scan for Legionwood 2 (RPG Maker VX Ace, I believe) Reply with quote

Edit:
Ok, the 3000 4 seemed to have done it, until I loaded a save where I had positive morality.
it seems that what happens is that the pointer changes when going from negative to positive morality, and there's probably an associated value that indicates when one is at positive or negative morality, and when that shifts the previous pointer is dropped.
OR something, I don't have a clue! It survived several game close and starts and then I loaded a positive morality save and it screwed up.

Original post:

I'm trying to figure out how to shift from a positive morality to a negative or vice versa. It seems that shifting from certain points is not possible, like from negative to positive (you can set it to neutral and then do a morality boosting event and it'll work, but if you try switching it manually it says "unknown" and then switches to the worst morality possible)

Ok, so I've tried scanning with the default boxes checked in

(addresses must be 32 bit aligned, only find paths with static addresses, don't include pointers with read-only nodes, stop traversing a path when a static has been found, allow stack addresses of the first thread(s) to be handled as static [number of threads 2 max stackoffset to be deemed static enough 4096)
pointer path in region 00000000 to 7fffffff

max offset value was I think 3000? and max level 5.

then I tried 300000 max offset, max level 1, unchecked all the other boxes.

What I tried the first time was to keep the game open, and load different saves then start a new game, and scan for a value "morality" with a specific save that I knew the value and could find it easily.

(scan type is single byte,
value is 231 in that save, goes up by 2 or 4 depending on value of donations to a church, 4 churches)

255 is Neutral, then it loops back over to 1

What I did at first was do a pointerscan on the address, then try loading different saves and finding the value again and looking for the updated address to thin the results.
This was while keeping the game open.
I narrowed it down to too many results, and it failed when I closed the game and opened it.

So I tried doing the same thing, but closing the game and opening between searches. It was soon apparent that I had to change something because I couldn't find any matches. So I toggled the options around a bit, and then failed.

So I'm thinking I probably have the wrong numbers for the offsets? (max offset, level)

I tried again with binary scans and it seems to come up with the same address but just take longer.
Unless there's some shifting of data around going on unseen, but I can't really figure out how that would work while keeping the value that I find modifiable.
(modifying it changes the morality but I wanted to try to make a pointer for it so I could make a cheat table rather than telling someone how to find it. But I suppose that may have to be what I do.)

Now trying 3000 4 no options checked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: