Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i find the actualy item?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bundfalke
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: How do i find the actualy item? Reply with quote

So as of now im trying to edit an item in one of my games. Following situation. I have an amount of 20 (lets say medi kits) laying around in my backpack. These medikits are placed in a slot. So what i did is to find these 20 medi kits, drop a few from then on another slot, search again and so on. So i have now 15 medi kits left on that particular slot and 5 at another slot. This is so i could search for the medi kits. When i try to edit value, it would just change back to normal. I attached a debugger and did " replace with code that does nothing" so i could actually change the value succesfullly. But the game crashed. What i later reallized is that all i did was changing the number OF THE ITEM SLOT IN MY BACKPACK. I did not find the actual item. Just the slot it was placed in. So im struggling now to find the actualy item and not the slot. I know its not server sided, so if i manage to find the item, i should be able to easily change its amount. My question is, how do i find the actualy item instead of the backpack slot? Any idea? Is there another way to find the item without putting it into my backpack? Any help would be great.
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those steps:

1) search for address ("new scan" and then several "next scans")
2) test all found addresses, change value and go back to game and check if something changed

3) if you found correct address, now you can use debugger:
You can use "find out what accesses this address" or "find out what writes to this address" (or "break on write" or "break on access" in memory viewer, bottom hexview part)

4) do some AA cheat (NOPping or code injection)

There's no point in doing step 3 and 4 if you didn't find address on step 2.

About items, amount can be 1byte type, 2 byte type, or array of booleans.

Or, if you have 5 medkits, in the game gui they are stacked together. But in real, all of them are in the list (backpack) separately.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgr.inz.Player wrote:
those steps:

1) search for address ("new scan" and then several "next scans")
2) test all found addresses, change value and go back to game and check if something changed

3) if you found correct address, now you can use debugger:
You can use "find out what accesses this address" or "find out what writes to this address" (or "break on write" or "break on access" in memory viewer, bottom hexview part)

4) do some AA cheat (NOPping or code injection)

There's no point in doing step 3 and 4 if you didn't find address on step 2.

About items, amount can be 1byte type, 2 byte type, or array of booleans.

Or, if you have 5 medkits, in the game gui they are stacked together. But in real, all of them are in the list (backpack) separately.

Well thats the problem. Yes i did find the value. Changing it just makes it visually. I realized all i find is the backpack slot. But since the backpack/slots n stuff are server sided, changing those values and replacing the code will crash the game. So playing with a server sided adresses doesnt make sense. So what im asking is how do i find THE ACTUAL ITEM ITSELF(MED KITS) and NOT the backpack slot. Because thats all i can do. Moving the item to other slots, or either dropp it. I found and expermiented with many adresses. They are all visualy, since those are server-sided. But the ITEM ITSELF is not. So i have to find the med kit itself, and not the backpack slot it is placed in. That was originally my question. I want to know if there is a better way to find it. Because moving it around/dropping it doesnt work.Im a semi-noob. I have no problems with finding values.
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bundfalke wrote:
since the backpack/slots n stuff are server sided
since those are server-sided

Rolling Eyes

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgr.inz.Player wrote:
bundfalke wrote:
since the backpack/slots n stuff are server sided
since those are server-sided

Rolling Eyes

No you dont understand. The backpack and stuff like that are server-sided. So i can of course not change those. But the items are not. But i always FIND THE SLOTS, and not the item itself. Please dont make fun of me Crying or Very sad

I know it works because there there are many screenshots of the game with people who did it. Tho they wont tell everyone the "secret"
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bundfalke wrote:
Please dont make fun of me

It is not funny. It is sad.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgr.inz.Player wrote:
bundfalke wrote:
Please dont make fun of me

It is not funny. It is sad.

How is that sad? I told im not going to play with server-sided stuff. There are people out there who do this. I know i am a new-fag/wannabee hacker. I was just asking for some support. I dont get how this is sad Question
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bundfalke wrote:
you dont understand

bundfalke wrote:
I know it works

I see this a lot on CE forum. Everyone is an expert...even when they are the ones asking for help.

I agree with mgr.inz.Player. It gives me a sad feeling.
bundfalke
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
bundfalke wrote:
you dont understand

bundfalke wrote:
I know it works

I see this a lot on CE forum. Everyone is an expert...even when they are the ones asking for help.

I agree with mgr.inz.Player. It gives me a sad feeling.

Wow really. Is this how CE forum members treat people who have questions? Lmfao no im not an expert. I asked an simple question. And all i receive is hate and master coders makeing fun of me. Sorry that i bothered you with my question. I just thought this is what an forum is for..
Geri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.cheatengine.org/faq.php#0

Quote:
Can I ask about online cheats?
Yes, but you are not allowed to mention the game's name or post specific information about the game like screenshots or more than 10 lines of continuous assembler code (In short, yes, but you will most likely not get what you want)

When you are a noob and you still want to jump into hacking online games right away and ask on a forum that is not supporting online cheats, then yes, this is what you get.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: