Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you scan for an attack being confirmed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moment37
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: How do you scan for an attack being confirmed Reply with quote

Hey, I'm sorry if this is a common question, but I'm unfortunately struggling with using Cheat Engine and was just wondering if someone could lend me a hand or point me in the right direction.

I need to check if an attack is happening. But I'm not sure how to do that. It's a single player game, Skyrim. It's related to a mod I'm working on in order to find out the attack values and weapon resistance for the offhand weapon, which isn't stored anywhere useable as far as the team can tell.

I wouldn't mind knowing how to find this kind of information out, though. I'm unfortunately struggling with this one. My basic idea was to scan the NPC's Health until I got the right address for the health, and then when I attack her I was going to examine what accesses that address. Turns out however her health is stored in multiple places, at least as far as I and others can tell. Basically they store the base health, the offset and the calculated difference within the code somewhere.

If there's another way to figure out whether an attack is occuring, and if I can scan for it that would be incredibly helpful but I have no ideas.

I should mention the game is Skyrim.

Thanks for any help!

Egbert234
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Moment37
You said Skyrim twice.

What do you mean by "I need to check if an attack is happening."?
We usually don't care about the attack, we care about the damage to the health of the victim.

Find health, find what writes it and hook your code on that.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use ultimap feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: