Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Pointer Scan ending up with 0 results?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jiehfeng
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 03 Jan 2014
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Pointer Scan ending up with 0 results? Reply with quote

Is there any way to fix the 0 results pointer scanning? I'm doing it on a browser game (not online). For health, I find the address, pointer scan, close and open game and select process again, rescan, type in new address of health, 0 results? Help please. ;-;
_________________
I know you're reading this, Hitler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UnIoN
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as of how flash/java etc is "intepreted" pointerscan will most likely not work
you will always have a new address. you will need a much higher ammount of offsets (above 10 / 20 ?) to get something usefull. therefore the hazzle is too much
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DefaultUser
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also having this problem while doing pointer scan. I was following the method shown in a tutorial by FleepHacks, on youtube, and after four to five scans, I get 0 results. I get down to about 5k results, then get 0 on the next scan.

The game I have been practicing on is Terraria v1.2.2
If anyone can tell me wtf I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atom0s
Moderator
Reputation: 136

Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 7209
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DefaultUser wrote:
I am also having this problem while doing pointer scan. I was following the method shown in a tutorial by FleepHacks, on youtube, and after four to five scans, I get 0 results. I get down to about 5k results, then get 0 on the next scan.

The game I have been practicing on is Terraria v1.2.2
If anyone can tell me wtf I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it.


.NET does not load all data into memory until it is referenced. If you are pointer scanning for something that has not been referenced yet, then it has not been compiled yet and wont appear in memory.

For example, if you are looking for something in Terraria that relates to say, crafting. You will need to use some part of crafting first to find the data.

_________________
- Retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DefaultUser
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug a little deeper in the forum and found Rydian's guide to AOBScanning. Also found another post where he mentioned how the .net framework works and that Terraria is made this way. I'll now focus my efforts in that way.

I was actually just trying it on something simple like HP and Mana. I'll see what I can figure out.

I haven't actually played w/ memory searching and game hacking since I was in .. 7th grade. lol. I'm 25 now. Lots of things have changed!

Thanks for the input. It is appreciated!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KaLul0
Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 21 Mar 2016
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DefaultUser wrote:
I dug a little deeper in the forum and found Rydian's guide to AOBScanning. Also found another post where he mentioned how the .net framework works and that Terraria is made this way. I'll now focus my efforts in that way.

I was actually just trying it on something simple like HP and Mana. I'll see what I can figure out.

I haven't actually played w/ memory searching and game hacking since I was in .. 7th grade. lol. I'm 25 now. Lots of things have changed!

Thanks for the input. It is appreciated!


Can you please give the links for them? By the way iam at the same point Wink did this when i was 12 and now im 26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sare
Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 07 Apr 2015
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
DefaultUser wrote:
I am also having this problem while doing pointer scan. I was following the method shown in a tutorial by FleepHacks, on youtube, and after four to five scans, I get 0 results. I get down to about 5k results, then get 0 on the next scan.

The game I have been practicing on is Terraria v1.2.2
If anyone can tell me wtf I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it.


.NET does not load all data into memory until it is referenced. If you are pointer scanning for something that has not been referenced yet, then it has not been compiled yet and wont appear in memory.

For example, if you are looking for something in Terraria that relates to say, crafting. You will need to use some part of crafting first to find the data.


So you need too change the value first with the address you found and then do a pointer scan?
Ex
I found the address when the value was 231 and then i change it to 269 and then i should do a pointer scan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites