Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with a project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5tapl3r
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Need help with a project Reply with quote

Hi, I'm trying to get some memory address of a poker program, more precisely Full Tilt Poker.

I KNOW you can't hack online software. This isn't my goal. I just want to get some values in order to automate calculations I usually do by hand.

I'm not even sure it's possible because there are so many things changing. One thing that confuse me is that when playing poker, you can have as many tables open at the same time. So obviously there will be more than 1 address for how much money you have, and obviously all those adresses change everytime.

I just don't understand how you could get a static address that would point to how much money you have, on every table.

Is it even possible or should I give up and use screen scrapping?
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not support multiplayer hacking on this site. Let alone hacking that involves real money, prizes, or anything similar.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/faq.php#0

5tapl3r
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's not hacking... I'm not trying to CHANGE values, I'm trying to READ them. That's perfectly legal, even full tilt poker allows it. There are tons of program already doing it, but they use screen scrapping.

I thought it would be a good idea to try it with memory access...

Anyway, you don't have to help me if you don,t feel comfortable with it, I'd just like to know if it's possible or not so I can stop looking for a solution.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're trying to use tools to gain an unfair advantage in a game that involves real money, it is prohibited.

Nowhere, does it state that reading FTP's memory data during game play is allowed. In fact, their terms clearly prohibit any program that reduces the requirement of human playing. Furthermore, any use of tools that automate advice or actions from any other program is strictly prohibited per their terms.

Even if FTP allowed it, CE does not.
5tapl3r
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up full tilt poker prohibited programs, you will see in the list of ACCEPTED tools "Calculatem Pro".

Now look up Calculatem Pro screenshots on google and click on the first link.

This does exactly what I'm trying to do. Except it uses screen scrapping instead of memory access.

I'm getting a little bit annoyed by people telling me I'm trying to cheat an online game. I'm not.

Now you say CE wouldn't allow me to do that even if full tilt poker allowed it, which I think is bull shit but whatever. I decided I would use the screen scrapping technique instead, because fuck trying to be original and learning new things.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PROHIBITED USES

5.1 SOFTWARE MODIFICATIONS. User may not attempt to modify, decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble the Software in any way.

5tapl3r wrote:
Now you say CE wouldn't allow me to do that even if full tilt poker allowed it, which I think is bull shit but whatever.
-To clarify, discussion of online multiplayer games in this manner is prohibited. Due to legality issues, certain topics are prohibited for discussion on this forum. That does not necessarily correlate with CE's capabilities as a tool.
5tapl3r
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"in this manner"? In what manner? I already demonstrated that what I wanted to do was accepted by the software I want to modify. Also, as I already said, I'm exploring this option to do what I want to do for an educative reason, the question I ask is not specific to an online software.

If you want me program a single player poker software, just so I can ask my question again, I can. It will just be huge waste of time.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking, discussion of online, multiplayer games is prohibited on this forum in the manner of utilizing Cheat Engine (or other) to disassemble, reverse engineer, crack, hack etc. any applicable software that does not fall under open source classification or that has not been specifically authorized by the owner/author of that application.

Discussion of anything illegal is prohibited, period.

Some of it can be a bit ambiguous, but ultimately, it lies under the discretion of Dark Byte to decide whether or not certain topics may be allowed for discussion.

5tapl3r wrote:
I already demonstrated that what I wanted to do was accepted by the software I want to modify.

See below:

Quote:
PROHIBITED USES

5.1 SOFTWARE MODIFICATIONS. User may not attempt to modify, decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble the Software in any way.

5tapl3r wrote:
Also, as I already said, I'm exploring this option to do what I want to do for an educative reason, the question I ask is not specific to an online software.
-Yes it is.

If you find conflicting information being published on FTP's website or have any questions regarding their terms, I would recommend contacting them, directly.
5tapl3r
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you gonna answer my question when I make my own poker software proving that my question is not specific to an online game?

Also, if I contact ftp and ask them if what I'm trying to do is legal, and get a positive answer from them, will you answer my question?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said:

5tapl3r wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to get some memory address of a poker program, more precisely Full Tilt Poker.

Realistically, if you write your own poker program, you will not need Cheat Engine to read from the assembly code in order to feed data in to a secondary application that automatically calculates your odds for you.

Any programming questions can be published under the proper sub-forum.

Any and all content on this site is moderated. It is at the discretion of the moderator team and/or Admin to decide whether or not content remains published and is permitted for discussion etc.

5tapl3r wrote:
Also, if I contact ftp and ask them if what I'm trying to do is legal, and get a positive answer from them, will you answer my question?

Quote:
There's a tool / service I'd like to use, but it's not on any of these lists. Now what?

Please send an email to [email protected] with all the information you have about the tool or service in question. Please include a URL to a relevant web page if possible. We will review the tool or service and let you know if it's permitted or not.

Assuming FTP allows it, any discussions will have to be approved by the moderator team/Admin on a case-by-case basis. I am not authorized to say so.

To answer your question, simply...generally, yes, memory data can be read by Cheat Engine for most applications. In cases where data is obfuscated or inaccessible, other measures can be taken, but may require third-party applications.
5tapl3r
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Realistically, if you write your own poker program, you will not need Cheat Engine to read from the assembly code in order to feed data in to a secondary application that automatically calculates your odds for you.

Of course, just like I don't need to read memory from the full tilt poker software in order to get the info I need. As I said, I can easily do this with a simple screen scrapper.

But if I only do things I know how to do, I will never become a good programmer.

Quote:
To answer your question, simply...generally, yes, memory data can be read by Cheat Engine for most applications. In cases where data is obfuscated or inaccessible, other measures can be taken, but may require third-party applications.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think my problem is related to memory being obfuscated or inaccessible? Imagine I make a single player chess game. The software I make allows you to play multiple games at once. Now imagine I want to make a program that display the king position on every tables.

I don't understand how that could be possible because I would need a static address to every king position, which is impossible because the creation of a new chess games implies that the variable is dynamically created. No...?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5tapl3r wrote:
As I said, I can easily do this with a simple screen scrapper.

But if I only do things I know how to do, I will never become a good programmer.
-So change your target and ask your question.

5tapl3r wrote:
Imagine I make a single player chess game. The software I make allows you to play multiple games at once. Now imagine I want to make a program that display the king position on every tables.

I don't understand how that could be possible because I would need a static address to every king position, which is impossible because the creation of a new chess games implies that the variable is dynamically created. No...?
-Just like most games where you need to create a one-hit kill cheat...a single instruction handles all health values (even hero player), so each address must be filtered out so that changes only apply to enemy health values. Even though all health values may be dynamic and contain multi-level pointers, they are all handled by the same instruction, each and every time. Even if the location of that instruction changes, we can use array of byte scanning for our injection point.
5tapl3r
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to inject anything, THAT would be illegal Wink

But you are probably familiar with the ReadProcessMemory function? I'd like to find the address of whatever holds every King's position on every tables so that I can use ReadProcessMemory and get an array of the values I'm looking for...
5tapl3r
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in need of having it done, I'm in need of learning how to do it. I won't pay for something that I can do another way more easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: