Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build for a new Video Editing PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirito
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Build for a new Video Editing PC Reply with quote

I've searched for some builds but i only found builds with old hardware Sad

Here's what I have planned so far:

CM Elite 130
The reason why I want a mini-itx case is that I plan to take the PC with me at work and at school. There are spare parts at my school and at my workplace (monitor, keyboard, mouse) so all I need to bring is the PC itself.

Haswell mini-itx
Also, since the board only affects the compatibility of the parts and not the performance, will it be okay if I buy the cheapest Haswell board I can find?

SSD - 128GB is enough for me

closed loop liquid cooling (120mm)
for overclocking purposes
I plan to overclock the CPU only

low-end / mid-end GPU
for playing MMORPG games like FFXIV:ARR and GW2
(do I need a high-end GPU for After Effects and pro animation software?)

I already have these stuff:
i7 4770K (just arrived today)
1 stick of Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM (I think it's at 1600MHz)
Razer Lycosa and Razer DeathAdder
1TB and 2TB 3.5" HDDs

EDIT: I have a Thermaltake 450watts PSU, but I'm thinking of replacing it because it's too old and the sides already have some rust on it
puresick
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, so what exactly are you asking?

atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking to build a system to do video editing and other high-end rendering, you may not want to skip out on parts. Buying a low-end system for a high-demand objective is going to become noticeable in the long run.

Quote:
Also, since the board only affects the compatibility of the parts and not the performance, will it be okay if I buy the cheapest Haswell board I can find?

Look into the requirements of the applications you want to run and make sure that the board you buy can match / beat those requirements. Things like the two games you mentioned will have low minimum requirements, so focus on the software that has the biggest requirements needed. (Your video rendering / editing stuff will probably be the most demanding.)

Quote:
(do I need a high-end GPU for After Effects and pro animation software?)

A lot of rendering software demands a good GPU as most (if not all) the rendering will be pushed to the GPU for max performance, quality, and speed. If you plan to take editing serious, I wouldn't skip out on a good card with a low-end one that will just make-par. You will regret the choice later down the road when you start getting into more major projects and depth with things that will land up taking hour(s) to render fully and properly.

As for your PSU, 450watt is pretty low for most of todays component requirements. You will probably need to invest into something bigger (wattage wise).

br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also make sure to figure out if the application you have uses CUDA for a Nvidia GPU or OpenCL for AMD GPUs
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want a media editing build on an itx?
Good luck with that, just get a micro am3+ and fx 8350, 8 cores and overclocks to 4.5gz
I'm sure you can get a portable micro atx case with handles and shit for carrying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: