Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rydian's Guide To Basic AOBs And Scripts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The game crashes after nop Reply with quote

nack911 wrote:
how do i counter this problem? the cheat is successful but after a minute or so the game crash
What game?
What cheat?
Can you show us what you're doing specifically?

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The game crashes after nop Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
nack911 wrote:
how do i counter this problem? the cheat is successful but after a minute or so the game crash
What game?
What cheat?

well, actually you won't be able to help me with this so nvm the question, i went to read some questions and apparently it's against the rule :/ [whisper** it's an online game!]

i try a new approach and got around it somehow but still can't make a unique
signature. will ask some more questions later, thanks for your reply Smile

nack911
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: The game crashes after nop Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
nack911 wrote:
What game?
What cheat?

i think you can help me with this Smile
so i made a signature which can help me find the values of resources, but these values do nothing :/[?????] the first time, they do but now they are patched. further notes, these values are not "display values only" but even if i nop all the related functions, nothing happen.

so my question is: how do i approach this situation? when nop will not work. i can see that other cheaters use db to replace certain bytes into something else instead of nop [90], so how do they know what to change to? looks like i got a lot to learn from you x)

basically, im trying to learn from you, your methods, and would love if you make some tutorials on different occasions Smile your help is much much appreciated!!

Rydian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's server-side, you can't edit it. I mean, you could, but you'd need to hack into the server and install CE and run it on the sever there to modify the values, and that's gonna' get you jail time.
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In age of wonders 3, I managed to stop skill points from being used, but it works for the enemy, too. How would I find a player only aob?
Rydian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dust_in_wind wrote:
In age of wonders 3, I managed to stop skill points from being used, but it works for the enemy, too. How would I find a player only aob?
You'd have to insert your own code to analyze the structures involved, check something that's unique for the player, and then only do the hack if it's the player's data being done.

The cheat engine tutorial has a step that talks about this concept (since it's an important one in strategy games), but you'll want to know about structures and stuff first so you can find some sort of offset that differs, then you just stick a test or comparison statement and then jump if it is or is not the player.

(So yeah it depends.)

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above my current skill level, then. Bummer. Thanks for responding, though. The more I try to do things myself between Recifense's updates the more I realize you guys are wizards.
Rydian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you just gotta' learn bits at a time and put it together.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=572465
The second half of this goes over making an AOB to data, which partially gets you involved in structures and offsets.

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips on how to separate Player health from enemy health?
Changing the line that decreases my health to "nop" makes me invincible, but it also makes enemies invincible. Sad

I remember reading something about this problem but I couldn't make sense of the method
Rydian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

user5594 wrote:
Changing the line that decreases my health to "nop" makes me invincible, but it also makes enemies invincible. Sad

I remember reading something about this problem but I couldn't make sense of the method
Examine your data versus the enemy data to find some value that's different between you and all the enemies within that structure.

Then put a test or comparison and conditional jump based on the results. Sort of like this example I think. Maybe test in that case, I didn't actually test that.

Anyways if you don't know tests and conditional jumps and stuff in assembly, you should probably just get invulnerability a different way, like make the mercy invincibility after you flash work forever, or give yourself hyper defense or something by editing the code that reads your defense.

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
user5594 wrote:

Examine your data versus the enemy data to find some value that's different between you and all the enemies within that structure.

Then put a test or comparison and conditional jump based on the results. Sort of like this example I think. Maybe test in that case, I didn't actually test that.

Anyways if you don't know tests and conditional jumps and stuff in assembly, you should probably just get invulnerability a different way, like make the mercy invincibility after you flash work forever, or give yourself hyper defense or something by editing the code that reads your defense.

Cool, thanks for this!
Yes I have two other ways of doing invincibility but I'm also trying this method to learn. Pointer scans for health in this particular game are weird because it always returns 4 addresses with the same value. Sometimes only 1 affects the health when I change it but other times 2 or 3 of the results will change the health. This often returns 0 results on the pointer scan, even when I go back and scan a different address. I thought that learning code injections would be beneficial for solving this.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense lol.
Rydian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Tools option of the memory viewer window, you can go to Dissect Data/Structures and in that window you can put in addresses and try to examine and compare data structures. Unless the game is Mono or .NET or something you'll have to let CE autoguess (sloppily) the contents and do various comparisons yourself to find an offset that always has one value for the player but a different value for everything else.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I changed a little bit of the wording, removed the kiddie-oriented video (I plan to make a separate start-to-finish guide on how I make tables and trainers eventually) and added a final section for the AOB injection template.
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man really loved this tutorial!
im trying it on cod mw1 (ammo hack)
but whenever i try to execute it it says
error on line 10 (label(_ammo)) :label _ammo is not defined in the script
i also want to nop it so what should i do? (i understood ur simple aob but when u got to the complex part it got a bit confusing)
h t t p : / / p r n t s c r . c o m / 8 d m k w n (please remove spaces as im not allowed to post link Smile )
^^^^^^screenshot^^^^^
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED Smile
some messing around still h t t p : / / p r n t s c r . c o m / 8 dm t p d
using a layout that looks something like yours in the 'infair' one
can u please correct this and post pls Smile

Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you define a
label(_ammo)
you need to have the corresponding
_ammo:
in your code.

In memory viewer, to the left of the instruction are the number of bytes the instruction takes up.
To remove (NOP) the instruction, you need to replace each of those bytes with a hex 90.
That instruction uses 7 bytes, so the simplest code to remove it is:
Code:
aobscan(ammo,XX XX XX)
ammo:
db 90 90 90 90 90 90 90

AOBSCAN creates and positions the label 'ammo' at your byte pattern.
You then use that label to position your injection at 'ammo'.
Finally, you tell CE to write the 7 hex 90 (NOP) bytes to that location.

By the way, I noticed your script used the Code Injection template instead of the AOB Injection template.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: