Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using msdbg with CE to hack .NET games.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DefaultUser wrote:
I am new to cracking .NET games. I read through this little how-to and thought I would give it a shot.

I dl'd WinDbg from the link in your tutorial, did the full install, and followed the instructions from there. I have my address from CE for Health in Terraria.

I opened and attached windbg to Terraria. After the dml command, I tried to enter the ".loadby sos clr" command, i got no reply. I phrased it ".load sos clr", and got this reply.

The call to LoadLibrary(sos clr) failed, Win32 error 0n2
"The system cannot find the file specified."
Please check your debugger configuration and/or network access]

I searched around online and tried to figure out the problem. No luck.

I am new to WinDbg and pretty much a noob on CE as well, but not entirely without understanding. The last program I used was T-Search, and Trainer Maker Kit, back in.. oohh.. 2002-3 :) So bare with me. I ask a lot of questions, but I learn quickly! lol

My apologies for the very late reply - I missed your post. Anyway, those errors are almost always caused by a 32-bit/64-bit mismatch. If the link I posted is still valid and you did indeed install a 32-bit debugger, then your target app is probably 64-bit. I've seen some other folks post tidbits of Terraria's executable (while, of course, asking for help and claiming to be running a Legit client), so there's probably one or more 64-bit recompiled clients floating around the Internet. If that's not the case, it may be that your client is using an old runtime and hasn't loaded clr.dll, but if you're hacking Terraria that shouldn't be the case.

Cheers,
JD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: