Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner to Advanced: My Cheat Engine Series on YouTube!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Beginner to Advanced: My Cheat Engine Series on YouTube! This post has 3 review(s) Reply with quote

Latest Update: 12/4/2015 (Added 1 new video!)

Hey, everyone! I've been chronicling my CE journey since the beginning, creating detailed tutorials along the way for everyone as I've learned and become comfortable with select methods/topics. Thus far, I would say I'm moving into significantly more advanced CE territory, but my tutorials start at the point of assuming you're a complete beginner!

Below, you will find links to each of my tutorials on YouTube, all with commentary and HD-quality video. I will be keeping this thread updated as I create and post new tutorials, but feel free to go ahead and subscribe to me on YouTube if you're interested in keeping up with the series there. Cheat Engine videos will be a regular part of my channel for quite a long time to come!

So, with that said, I'd like to thank Dark Byte and everyone involved with CE, including all the excellent folks who have posted their own fine tutorials along the way. I think this is an excellent application and the community here is extremely courteous and helpful -- a rarity now-a-days.

Anywho, onward with tutorials! =)

Cheat Engine Tutorial Series:

Part 1: Introduction to Scan Types
Quick Tip: Process List vs. Window List
Part 2: The Importance of Value Types
Part 3: Finding Problematic Values
Part 4: Spinning the DLC Quest Grindstone 10,000 Times
Part 5: Finding Multiple Values at the Same Time
Part 6: Using the Memory Viewer to Quickly Find Values
Quick Tip: Scanning for, and Dealing With, Negative Values
Part 7: Introduction to Pointer Scanning!
Quick Tip: Delete Your Temp Files!
Part 8: Memory Viewer, Writes To/Accesses An Address, Debugger, Etc.
Part 9: Array of Byte (AOB) Scans Demystified!
Part 10: Introduction to Multilevel Pointers!
Part 11: Finding Time in Terraria and Customizing AOB Scripts!

[UPDATE 12/4/2015]

Part 12: How to Create Multiple Solutions for One Cheat

Thanks again for watching! =)

Last edited by h3x1c on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:47 am; edited 8 times in total
jonny1980
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing a mod called Mental Omega 3.0 for RA2: YR. And I'm trying to make a map reveal hack.

Any advice?
h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, everyone! It's been a while, but I'm finally back to creating tutorials. After many requests through YouTube, I made an introduction to pointer scanning. I feel it's definitely a different approach to teaching pointer scanning, so I'm interested to see what total newbies think.

Anyway, I've updated my opening post of this thread to contain the link, so you can find it there. It's titled, "Part 7: Introduction to Pointer Scanning!"

I'll be back to update this thread again once I've posted another few tutorials, so stay tuned! Very Happy
acureon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job bro. I already learned most of the stuff you talked about in the past couple days from bashing my head against the computer and trial and error. xD Wish I ran into your videos earlier. I'm like right at the point of pointers though so I can't wait for you to do more videos! At the moment I'm making trainers but I'm not sure how to make a button do what I want. I can make hot keys but how do I make a button have the same effect on press? I don't know what to put in the script inside the "onclick"
Shyrkan
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, your series is very good to understand for total newbies o.o
I learned a bunch of new things about cheating and memory editing with Cheat Engine.

I hope you'll do more tutorials in the future Smile

~Shyrkan
wilburense
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! i will try to learn with you tutorials, right now i can only do the basic stuff...like opening the program
moudi
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3x1c wrote:
Hey, everyone! It's been a while, but I'm finally back to creating tutorials. After many requests through YouTube, I made an introduction to pointer scanning. I feel it's definitely a different approach to teaching pointer scanning, so I'm interested to see what total newbies think.

Anyway, I've updated my opening post of this thread to contain the link, so you can find it there. It's titled, "Part 7: Introduction to Pointer Scanning!"

I'll be back to update this thread again once I've posted another few tutorials, so stay tuned! Very Happy
duuuude, please make more!! u are soo good man i wish u taught me in my school these teachers suck, please make more!! especially finding values. thanks bro ur amazing
DaiChinLay
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had watched your videos. Good Explanation, bro !!!!
ihaveathumb
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these! If I ever have enough free time, I'm going to use these to try to make some cheats!
User211
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: My Cheat Engine tutorial series on YouTube (with comment Reply with quote

Great tutorial, thanks to you I've actually learn how to use CE. Please make more tutorial.
h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Update: New videos posted! Links in my opening post of this thread!)

Thanks for all the kudos, everyone! I'm glad so many of you have found my tutorials useful! I just started getting back into CE in a major way this month, and as such, I've made a bunch more tutorials! Take a look back at my opening post in this thread and look for the [UPDATE 3/13/2015] section. As I do more videos, I'll keep posting links and noting the dates that I update the post.

If you have a YouTube account, feel free to go ahead and subscribe to me. Doing Cheat Engine videos is something that will be a regular occurrence among my other game-related videos.

Thanks again for the positive feedback, everyone! And, of course, thanks again to Dark Byte and all the others who have made my learning possible such that I can carry the torch and teach others. =)
gabiroma
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice tutorials I really appreciate your work easy to understand, thx again Very Happy
h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabiroma wrote:
very nice tutorials I really appreciate your work easy to understand, thx again Very Happy

Glad you've found them helpful! =)

[UPDATE] I've updated my original post with a link to a new tutorial:

Part 12: How to Create Multiple Solutions for One Cheat

In this video, I show multiple ways to achieve one specific type of cheat/hack using Step 2 of the built-in Cheat Engine tutorial. You'll learn a little bit about a handful of things, like Assembly, the EFLAGS register, code injection, AOB templates, and more.

Hope you enjoy! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: