Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have XYZ coords.. how to find other unknown values?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdull
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: I have XYZ coords.. how to find other unknown values? Reply with quote

Hey all,

First post on Cheat Engine.

I've pretty much a beginner with memory address modifications and am having fun.

I found out how to look for xyz coordinates and located them. I can't lock them or modify them though, which is ok. I'm just wondering what are some options for me now that I have those. I assume you use this data to discover where other players are on the map? Can you teleport even if you can't modify these values directly?

What are some other techniques for identifying values that you know are there but don't display a value? Like armor/health (which are a %).

Thanks for any information, cheers.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you found the xyz values, why can't you modify them ?. If you can't modify them, that simply means they aren't the real co-ordinates addresses.

If the code is shared and accesses your and other players co-ords then you can use them to modify other players co-ords and find them.

I have a feeling you're talking about an online game in which case health/armor are out of question since they are mostly server-sided. Co-ordinates are client sided but maybe not in some games.

bobdull
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STN wrote:
If you found the xyz values, why can't you modify them ?. If you can't modify them, that simply means they aren't the real co-ordinates addresses.

That is exactly the question. When I was identifying potential xyz values, I tried modifying each one, but modifying them all did not yield any change in game. If I know these are at least a mirror/reference of the real coordinates, what steps can I take to identify the real coordinates based on what I know?

STN wrote:

If the code is shared and accesses your and other players co-ords then you can use them to modify other players co-ords and find them.

I have a feeling you're talking about an online game in which case health/armor are out of question since they are mostly server-sided. Co-ordinates are client sided but maybe not in some games.

Health/armor probably are out of the question, I guess the point I'm making is how would I identify those (even though they are server side, I am suggesting I should still see the values change).

EDIT: I think pointer scanning is the concept I was looking for. Will test this.
jucce
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdull wrote:
STN wrote:

That is exactly the question. When I was identifying potential xyz values, I tried modifying each one, but modifying them all did not yield any change in game. If I know these are at least a mirror/reference of the real coordinates, what steps can I take to identify the real coordinates based on what I know?
One thing you could try is locating what code writes to the memory locations you have found. Presumable that code should deal with positioning and may also write to other locations. However if these are only "display" values it might not lead anywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: