Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question and a sugestion.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pox911
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: A question and a sugestion. Reply with quote

I tried searching but didnt get an answer that way Razz.

Is there a way to reduce the size of a pointerscan file? I can understand the first initial scan taking up a decent bit of a space but after i got the results down to 1k or so the file shouldnt need to be so big Razz.

Also my sugestion would be for an easy way to update everything but the last level of a pointer. My reasoning is that after an update some pointers break or you find out your aob was wrong and you have to update the info again. Someimes you have a large amount of codes that used that base pointer and only the last level is different. It makes it tedious to update Razz.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the size is that big for quick lookup and display. The addresslist isn't really stored in ce's memory when shown, but read directly from disk each time you scroll. To make this fast cheatengine needs to know exactly where a pointerentry starts and stops. If compression was used CE would first need to decompress everything untill it would have found the entry it's looking for

But what you could do is make use of windows's folder compression.

as for the update, it's more often that the base address has changed (since the code might have changed size , causing the .data to shift) but the offsets stayed the same.
For that the recalculate addresses function will let you change the base pointer of multiple addresses at the same time with a specific offset

An option to update only the last level is too specific to be implemented as a default option though, but it can be added with lua. (Go through the addresslist, get the offsets, change the last one and set it as the new offsetlist)
(But perhaps editing it in a texteditor might be easier)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: