Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some suggestions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dksvertix
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Some suggestions... Reply with quote

Started hacking my first game with CE: HoMM3 Complete, non-GoG.

I noticed, that I was lacking some very needed guides/extras for better work.

1. There should be 2 Value columns:
Value column 1 to show current value and Value column 2 to show recommended value aka value set by me - so I could click on either Value 1 to lock current value or click on Value 2 to set and lock to my value.
And that custom value should be saved into CT file too.

2. I wish there was some panel to check for differences in code.
For e.g. I give it Address range and it will display those addresses there so I could easily check for possible data changes that might occur there.
Would be even better if it had comparison too.

3. Better grouping and group collapsing is also needed, when dealing with huge tables. I wish I could make a group with desired name and not be forced to put an address there. Then put items under it and CT file should also remember if it's collapsible.
Ability to add empty space between address rows would help to decrease eyesore too.

4. Add Address Manually should remember last set Type, since 99% of my addresses inputted there do not support 4 Byte values. This wastes my time a lot.
4.1. I wish I could input the Value there too already.
4.2. And set color.
4.2.1. Would be nice to have a quick selection from 10 previously used colors.
4.3. Would also be nice to have some kind of an option to make the new entry to appear below the currently highlighted address.

5. Table Extras aka Comments's empty spaces between text rows created with CRLF from CT file are not read by bug or are ignored on purpose? I still would like my CRLFs.

6. Remake the 9 part Tutorial to actually teach something.
The first half was okay, but all of a sudden it changed into a Challenge, which only ub3r-l33t h4x0rs could solve.
There still are many things, which are used very commonly, but absolutely unexplained.
I advise to create a proper CE encyclopedia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: