Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bitcoins are too mainstream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O each litecoin is 5 cents
how long does it take to get 1 coin with the miner ?
Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here ever look into those Butterfly Labs boxes? They seem to extraordinarily good. The new launch of the Bitforce SC is supposed to get 1,500 GH/s (but it costs $30k). Seems kinda fishy on that number seeing as that would be like... 500 some coins a day, but some people with the Mini rig are claiming 50GH/s which is still a very hefty amount of coins. (15k for the rig though)
gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using cgminer and idk.. I believe I did something wrong or it doesnt supports my GPU x.x
will try reaper
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apotheoun wrote:
Anyone here ever look into those Butterfly Labs boxes? They seem to extraordinarily good. The new launch of the Bitforce SC is supposed to get 1,500 GH/s (but it costs $30k). Seems kinda fishy on that number seeing as that would be like... 500 some coins a day, but some people with the Mini rig are claiming 50GH/s which is still a very hefty amount of coins. (15k for the rig though)
theyre making new ASIC shit, $150 for 4.5GH/s, being released this month. theres some weird speculation going around, like why would they sell these when they could use them to mine themselves which is more cost effecient, and since theyre releasing this month, we'd assume they would have tested them, but theres nothing showing that they are.
weird shady shit bro, but if they do work, people will need to buy them to compete

their site for who dont know about it http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/
gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

150$ for 4.5GH/s

I might actually buy that.

I cant get more than CPU 20kh/s GPU 40kh/s

-----
and the gpu one is a total killer.
at the current rates is not worth it.
Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
theyre making new ASIC shit, $150 for 4.5GH/s, being released this month. theres some weird speculation going around, like why would they sell these when they could use them to mine themselves which is more cost effecient, and since theyre releasing this month, we'd assume they would have tested them, but theres nothing showing that they are.
weird shady shit bro, but if they do work, people will need to buy them to compete

It smells like a scam that's for sure. Like the 1,500 GH/s one. It's s pretty damn significant jump in GH/s.. I wonder what the power consumption is for the higher end ones.
Sui
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got that bitcoin thing.
You basically create currency out of fucking nothing?

They give you some algorithms to solve and you gain those coins at a static rate?

What the fuck man.

I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is a cloud clustering network and you get paid for helping the cluster. otherwise yeah, it doesn't make sense.
Zacky
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:

It smells like a scam that's for sure. Like the 1,500 GH/s one. It's s pretty damn significant jump in GH/s.. I wonder what the power consumption is for the higher end ones.

Butterfly Labs have my vouch. They've been producing the the mainstream Bitcoin mining tech almost since Bitcoin began, and nearly every top miner depends on it. They wouldn't suddenly scam everyone through preorders when they've already basically monopolized this market.

Nice job Brolock, glad to see someone else here also sees potential in LTC.
Barnold Swolezzenegger
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacky wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:
Brolock wrote:
Apotheoun wrote:

Butterfly Labs have my vouch. They've been producing the the mainstream Bitcoin mining tech almost since Bitcoin began, and nearly every top miner depends on it. They wouldn't suddenly scam everyone through preorders when they've already basically monopolized this market.

Nice job Brolock, glad to see someone else here also sees potential in LTC.
I'm just saying it's a pretty big jump from 60GH/s to 1,500 GH/s. But if they can pull it off, good on them.
Coldie ;]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brolock how'd you set it up to mess with your gpu speed?
gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with my rig I get 4LTC a day which is around 0.2$ a day
its not worth it at all.

50Khz/s * 3200 *(LTC/Khz ratio) = 4

basically you get

Your speed in Khz * 0.0015 LTC / h

and lets see..
with a 150$ investment for a rig that can do 4.5GHz

4.5Ghz = 4500000KHz
4500000 * 0.0015 = 6750LTC/h
which at this ratio 1LTC == 0.05$

337.5$/h

it is way too good to be true...

Last edited by gogodr on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coldie ;] wrote:
brolock how'd you set it up to mess with your gpu speed?
reaper miner set as

worksize 128
aggression 12
threads_per_gpu 2
sharethreads 18
lookup_gap 2
gpu_thread_concurrency 6144
long_polling yes

I have a 6870, and then ts overclocked like the pic shows, coreclock between 900-1000 depending on how hot it gets (900 during day and 1000 at night mostly) and then memory clock all the way down since it doesn't use it and that makes the card really hot.

Im mining bitcoins too (im just trying different shit out) at 300Mhashs/s with my 6870 with pheonix miner with a patched kernel set to "-k phatk platform=0 device=0 VECTORS2 BFI_INT AGGRESSION=12 worksize=128"

I try to make sure it doesnt go over 70C, right now in the morning when its really cool the coreclock is at 950 and its only 66C. I have my sidepanel open and an extra fan on it, I like the noise so it doesnt bother me

im using msi afterburner for all the overclocking shit, its really good, I had some problems at the start but that was fixed by changing it to 'unofficial mode' or whatever which you can just google to find out.
heres pics of bitcoin mining, since my op was litecoins

@gogo, its an investment right now, ltc can go up. anyways , most people mining ltc just do it because they already have btc mining rigs. maybe you should try joining a pool though, might go faster.
gogodr
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my calculations.

I was minning in a pool. http://litecoinpool.org

for 150$ you get 337.5$/h running that jalapeņo

It looks too good to be true man.
I might order one just to try (It might look too good to be true but because of the low price I'm starting to consider it a doable risk)
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

difficulty will increase once they are released, remember that bitcoins are to adjust for the more people/power mining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: