Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me in hacking Final Fantasy X HP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakel007
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DarkByte, I've got a question. Is this like in every game played in emulator or just FF ?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if the emulated game uses it's own memory allocation instead of static addresses and only for level 1 pointers
if it's a multilevel pointer you really need to use a plugin for ce that maps the emulators memory 1-on-1 with ce's memory reading and then use the pointerscanner
And only if the emulated system uses little endian (like the ps2/)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Virussick
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Darkbyte.

I did it..Of course it's hard for me to understand your method.

But i did it and it makes me to find tidus health 3x times to get the offset..

2x times i find tidus health to find the differences between each address.
Then i get four addresses.

Need to find one more tidus health on the next battle to find the temporary address in order to calculate the offset.

For me, this is the formula,

XXXXXXXX+??????? = Temporary Address (new one) - Value of the address

* Value of the address - It is the value that we found from calculating the differences between 1st and 2nd address of Tidus HP from each battle.
Then i need to find the nearest (what they call "alphabet" & "alphanumeric") with the VALUE of the result that i just scanned..I took two addresses just to be sure, then use the formula above. After that i do the offset stuff and test it. Voila. I get real one.

Thank you DarkByte.

FFX2.png
 Description:
This is what i get..What i learn, for codeshifting, or matter like this, pointer and offset need to be focused more than anything else.
 Filesize:  941.9 KB
 Viewed:  15052 Time(s)

FFX2.png

montreuxz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Virus - i just recently playing this game on PS2 emu and there are things that you need to understand before you can find your HP address.

So, what i'd found out in "FF X International" is they have formula for it, but let me just get this things straight for you Razz,

(Will help a lot if you have Spheres move to the next nearest HP sphere)

1. Perform 4 bytes search with "Unknown Value"
2. Move to the nearest HP Sphere While keep "activating" other sphere (not HP Sphere) - you can perform search for "Unchanged Value"
3. if all nodes is already "activated" (besides HP Sphere), now is the time to activate your HP Sphere.
4. perform "Search increase Value by.. " - 4 (why 4? just do it first, i'll explain at bottom Razz).
5. i believe in here you will have a few left address on search, if there still a lot left, just left spheres grid to menu and do "unchanged value" search.
6. should left around 9-30 addr, what you need to look for is - address the first 5 number is "20662xxx" - with small value (between 1 - 255).

here come the question - How do you find that, looks like they put formula on HP and MP ( X = ((N * 4) * 50)+ a)

where X is HPs outcome
N - Number of HP grid activated
a - Basic HP of char.

Example : Tidus HP is 2226
You cannot look for 2226 in CE because - to get 2226 is from ( ((11*4)*50) + 26 ).

Well, i'm still learning CE - still have a lot of things that i want to ask the pros, but i hope my table can help you with your game.

*For player status i use Byte search - because as far as i knew is FF X final stat is 255, and 1 byte is enough.
** attached my tables if you want Razz, still not complete since it will only updated when i play game Razz - but i believe it can help you on your playthru.
*** believe me, editing to many stat is not fun and you will lose the "game feel" Very Happy, i still keep all my members original stats, the only reason i did this is because of my curiosity Razz.
**** If you did like what you did (your attachment) - you will only find the "X" factor (temporary value) without finding the multiplier - the problem is, once you change the value it return to its original value IMHO, what you can do is (maybe), change the value and FREEZE the value (put "X" mark on empty box beside description).

And if you find your "X" at battle and i believe what you found is your battle HP, that you can freeze the value so your HP wont reduce.
***** Sorry for my english and hope you can understand Very Happy

Final Fantasy X - International V.01b.CT
 Description:
FF x International - CE 64 Bit

Download
 Filename:  Final Fantasy X - International V.01b.CT
 Filesize:  24.96 KB
 Downloaded:  1266 Time(s)

Last edited by montreuxz on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Virussick
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi montreuxz...Thanks for reply..Although i have a little bit problem to learn and try what you have taught, but i will try to analyze your solution on FFX..

By the way, you said you new with CE, but you can explain this much..I'm curious..^^..

Thanks by the way..

montreuxz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virussick wrote:
Hi montreuxz...Thanks for reply..Although i have a little bit problem to learn and try what you have taught, but i will try to analyze your solution on FFX..

By the way, you said you new with CE, but you can explain this much..I'm curious..^^..

Thanks by the way..

i learned a lot from the tutorial sections especially from

hxxp://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=556186

hxxp://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=555405

hxxp://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=7049

the other one is geri's tutorial about freezing time (forgot where i read those (",), i that one is surely nice one to read and learn).

What you need to learn from them is the "Logic" way - how to get this and that, do not copy paste all the methods into our brain Razz, since it will just make you confuse on your next game ^____^.

rfb
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
First let's try it without a special plugin.

Just downloaded this game and pcsx2 so I'll try to reproduce what I did

First I managed to get through to the playable part (really hard due to crashes)

Now, in a battle find tidus's health using block and potions (you will find multiple, it's the one that changes instantly when you change it)
Write down the address (address1)

Now do a 4 byte unknown initial value scan
Open a second scantab, or ce
Go into another battle and find health again (address2)
Now in the first tab do a increased value by, or decreased value by the difference of the two health addresses
I found 4 addresses

One of them , 20646360 has a address very close to tidus's health (minus the 20000000 part)
When out of battle, that address is 0

From here on, I will assume that this emulator always loads the memory at 20000000 based on your examples as well

so let's investigate the value of that pointer
when tidus health is at 210BCB2C the address I found (20646360) contains as value 010BC8B0

So, tidus' health is located 27c after that pointer

because the pointer has as value 10bc8b0 instead of 210bc8b0, we need to add 20000000 to the offset to it as well, so the final offset is 2000027c

So, the final pointer is:
[20646360]+2000027c

copy pasteable into ce:
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>19</ID>
      <Description>"No description"</Description>
      <Color>80000008</Color>
      <VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
      <Address>20646360</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>2000027C</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>

Wow!!!! I can't believe it!!!! After 1x10¹²³ tries I finally made it!! I finally found my first PCSX2 pointer thanks to your instructions, Dark Byte!!! Yahooo!!!

I did it exactly as you said and it worked. I was being hindered by my own newbie-ness and stupidity.

Thanks man!
rfb
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question, Dark Byte. You said something about a special plugin:

Dark Byte wrote:
You need to understand pointers (specifically, the algorithm the pointerscanner uses)
Then adjust what you know about that to take care of a different base address. (addresses pointers point to need to be offset by the real address of address 0 )

Anyhow, are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit ce version.
I guess I can write a plugin that helps with emulators (so memory addresses shown in ce are equal to the internal emu)

What did you mean by that? How can we find/create this plugin? Would you really do that? 'Cause if you did, it would certainly be awesome for me, since I play a lot of PS2 games on PCSX2.
guarts
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Dark Byte Reply with quote

You could make a video explaining all this procedure? I do not understand where it comes from the values:

"One of Them, 20646360 has to address very close to tidus's health (minus the part 20000000)
When out of battle, que address is 0

From here on, I will take this emulator que always loads the memory at 20000000 based on your examples as well

so let's investigate the value of que pointer
When tidus health is at 210BCB2C the address I found (20,646,360) contains the value 010BC8B0

So, tidus' health is located 27c after que pointer "

Thanks for your attention!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: