Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Souls +8 (table Update4.3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palmer
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@PointBlank

This is something I've been trying to figure out ever since I saw Dgrayed's vid, and to no avail. I'd love to do things like change enemy placement and other properties, but I just don't know enough about how CE works. I'm sure there are people on here who DO know how to do this, but no one's posted an explanation and I'm sure anyone who does will just tell you to figure it out for yourself (nice, I know >_>).

In the mean time, you're just going to have to experiment.

On a different note, I'll be writing up a full, detailed explanation on how to edit items. With a little research in this thread, anyone can figure it out (except for how to change item category in memory view. I couldn't the explanation in here and had to ask a friend), but I think it would be nice to have it completely explained all in one place. To anyone reading this, check back here in the next couple of days for my explanation.
Po1ntBlank
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer wrote:
@PointBlank

This is something I've been trying to figure out ever since I saw Dgrayed's vid, and to no avail. I'd love to do things like change enemy placement and other properties, but I just don't know enough about how CE works. I'm sure there are people on here who DO know how to do this, but no one's posted an explanation and I'm sure anyone who does will just tell you to figure it out for yourself (nice, I know >_>).

In the mean time, you're just going to have to experiment.

On a different note, I'll be writing up a full, detailed explanation on how to edit items. With a little research in this thread, anyone can figure it out (except for how to change item category in memory view. I couldn't the explanation in here and had to ask a friend), but I think it would be nice to have it completely explained all in one place. To anyone reading this, check back here in the next couple of days for my explanation.

I've talked to Dgrayed a few hours ago on /vg/ and he gave me some insight.

Currently he says it is impossible to move monsters/bosses in the new update (Or at least he hasn't figured it out yet), he showed me how to change phantoms in game (Simply use status AND visual in the table)

He also said if you want to mess with bosses, to torrent an older version (like 1.0.0) and use the old trainer to have some fun.

Also a major problem I am having. If I change my gender, my character is bald. Nothing but changing my char back to the original gender fixes this. Ideas?
Tournurifica
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer wrote:
Po1ntBlank wrote:
Can we still not force co-op, or switch to different types of phantoms in another world? I tried switching from a blue phantom (Forest invader) to a white phantom in my friends game to help kill a different forest hunter, but it wouldnt let me damage him

It doesn't work as well since the update. Sometimes the value shows up as a question joe. Also, I made myself human while invading once last week (and asked the host why he was in my world, lol), but apparently he saw me as one of those translucent spirits. I just pretty much avoid this feature now. If I want to co-op, I'll just wait for some one to summon me.

It still works fine, I have macros set up to transform into any type of phantom I want and completely invisible.

Perhaps Po1ntBlank only changed one value, the visual, and not the second value.
And forcing co op isn't just the two values for phantom appearance.

Po1ntBlank wrote:
Also a major problem I am having. If I change my gender, my character is bald. Nothing but changing my char back to the original gender fixes this. Ideas?

Which CE table are you using?
excalibuurr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to change my hairstyle with the latest table. Hair color works fine though.
Palmer
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone having trouble editing items in Dark Souls currently, I’m going to explain how. Thanks to everyone in the thread who've already explained this method. This is more of how-to for noobs than anything, because I myself, am a noob. This is the first and only game I’ve ever used with CE, so if anyone on here has anything to add, or maybe has an easier method, please feel free to post.

First, you’ll need the item id spreadsheet. I don’t know where in the thread I found the link, or who the creator is, but I took the liberty to add certain things to it like the AotA items, covenant values, bonfire location values and element values, as well as specify item category in each sheet title. I uploaded it to mediafire. The link is below.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET: www.mediafire.com/view/?hv7o1hwcprho6sh

Ok, let’s change an item. First thing I should specify, is that every item in the game belongs to an item category. Here they are:

00 = Weapons, shields and ammo
10 = Armor
20 = Rings
40 = Usable Items and keys

I’ll explain where to put these in a minute. Let’s change the chain helm into 99 prism stones. We’ll need to find the hexadecimal id of the chain helm in the excel file first. Click the hex box next to the value search bar (you can put in the dec id first, if you’d like, then click the box) and do a search for the chain helm id. A bunch of results will show up in the list. Now, go back in game and drop the chain helm on the floor. Go back to CE, and scroll down the list until you find a value of “FFFFFFFF”. That’s your chain helm. Double click it to add to the table. If you go back in game and pick it back up, the F’s will change back their original value (29810 for chain helm), and that’s how you’ll definitely know. Sometimes, the item address changes after you do a search, so you might need to search and drop again.

Now, for the editing. Double click the value in the table and change it to the new one (000172 for prism stones). Once you’ve changed it, right click on the value and choose “browse this memory region”. In the bottom section, the very top line’s first four bytes (00 00 00 00) represent the items id. The fifth byte in represent quantity. I don’t know a whole lot about about hex values (nothing, actually), but I know that if you set this byte to “63” you’ll have 99 in your inventory. Since we’re item categories, we need to change that as well. Click up one line. The byte all the way to the right represents the category. Since you started with armor, the value of this byte will be “10” (armor). Change it to “40” (usable items). This will now put the new item into its correct category. If you happen to be changing items in the same category, then this last step is unnecessary.

If all went right, your chain armor is now 99 prism stones! Sort index is no longer important. If the item is not in the right place, simply select any item in game through your inventory, and choose “reset item order”. You can also drop the item and pick it back up if you don’t want to reset your sort order.

One final thing I’ll touch on is upgrading weapons and armor in CE. Let’s say we just made a Balder Side Sword and we want to make it a crystal +5. Once you’ve found its value and added it to the table, right click it and choose “show as decimal”. Double click the decimal value. The last three digits of any weapon (last two for armor, since armor only goes up to either +5 or +10) will determine what element and how far it’s upgraded. The first of those digits will determine which path and the last two determine upgrade strength. I’ve included which numbers represent which path in the excel file. So to change the BSS into a crystal BSS +5, change 204000 into 204105 (1 for crystal, 05 for level). To change it into a +15, make it 204015 (0 for standard path, 15 for level).

As far as durability goes, it’s not important. If your new weapon is broken, just fix it at the bonfire with the infinite souls you can give yourself. If it’s too high, it will lower eventually through use.

That’s it! You should now be able to successfully edit items in Dark Souls! It’s not as convenient as the item editor that we used to have, but it works.

edit: @Po1ntBlank, thanks for the info.
Edit2:added spread sheet link
Edit3: corrected upgrade element example.

Last edited by Palmer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 am; edited 5 times in total
Tournurifica
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer wrote:
For anyone having trouble editing items in Dark Souls currently, I’m going to explain how. Thanks to everyone in the thread who've already explained this method. This is more of how-to for noobs than anything, because I myself, am a noob. This is the first and only game I’ve ever used with CE, so if anyone on here has anything to add, or maybe has an easier method, please feel free to post.

First, you’ll need the item id spreadsheet. I don’t know where in the thread I found the link, or who the creator is, but I took the liberty to add certain things to it like the AotA items, covenant values, bonfire location values and element values, as well as specify item category in each sheet title. I uploaded it to mediafire, but I can’t post links yet. PM me if you’d like to have it.

Ok, let’s change an item. First thing I should specify, is that every item in the game belongs to an item category. Here they are:

00 = Weapons, shields and ammo
10 = Armor
20 = Rings
40 = Usable Items and keys

I’ll explain where to put these in a minute. Let’s change the chain helm into 99 prism stones. We’ll need to find the hexadecimal id of the chain helm in the excel file first. Click the hex box next to the value search bar (you can put in the dec id first, if you’d like, then click the box) and do a search for the chain helm id. A bunch of results will show up in the list. Now, go back in game and drop the chain helm on the floor. Go back to CE, and scroll down the list until you find a value of “FFFFFFFF”. That’s your chain helm. Double click it to add to the table. If you go back in game and pick it back up, the F’s will change back their original value (29810 for chain helm), and that’s how you’ll definitely know. Sometimes, the item address changes after you do a search, so you might need to search and drop again.

Now, for the editing. Double click the value in the table and change it to the new one (000172 for prism stones). Once you’ve changed it, right click on the value and choose “browse this memory region”. In the bottom section, the very top line’s first four bytes (00 00 00 00) represent the items id. The fifth byte in represent quantity. I don’t know a whole lot about about hex values (nothing, actually), but I know that if you set this byte to “63” you’ll have 99 in your inventory. Since we’re item categories, we need to change that as well. Click up one line. The byte all the way to the right represents the category. Since you started with armor, the value of this byte will be “10” (armor). Change it to “40” (usable items). This will now put the new item into its correct category. If you happen to be changing items in the same category, then this last step is unnecessary.

If all went right, your chain armor is now 99 prism stones! Sort index is no longer important. If the item is not in the right place, simply select any item in game through your inventory, and choose “reset item order”. You can also drop the item and pick it back up if you don’t want to reset your sort order.

One final thing I’ll touch on is upgrading weapons and armor in CE. Let’s say we just made a Balder Side Sword and we want to make it a crystal +5. Once you’ve found its value and added it to the table, right click it and choose “show as decimal”. Double click the decimal value. The last three digits of any weapon (last two for armor, since armor only goes up to either +5 or +10) will determine what element and how far it’s upgraded. The first of those digits will determine which path and the last two determine upgrade strength. I’ve included which numbers represent which path in the excel file. So to change the BSS into a crystal BSS +5, change 204000 into 204105 (1 for crystal, 05 for level). To change it into a +15, make it 201015 (0 for standard path, 15 for level).

As far as durability goes, it’s not important. If your new weapon is broken, just fix it at the bonfire with the infinite souls you can give yourself. If it’s too high, it will lower eventually through use.

That’s it! You should now be able to successfully edit items in Dark Souls! It’s not as convenient as the item editor that we used to have, but it works.

edit: @Po1ntBlank, thanks for the info.

Nice work, very easy to follow.
For those who may have just found this, there is a spreadsheet earlier in the thread with all the item ID's
flackon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up bc of Palmers tute. Good work, mate.

I can't send palmer a pm for the mediafire spreadsheet address, because i'm new and not allowed to pm yet.

Tournurifica, are you referring to the 360haven spreadsheet? Cos i can't access that website bc it is retarded. Something about an inactive account, and its reactivation won't work...blah...blah..

Will i ever get my hands on a dark souls item spreadsheet?
Palmer
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP

Dark Byte kindly added the link to my last post. The updated excel file is now available.
excalibuurr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got spreedsheet for items? Trying to find sunlight medal and the likes... That mediafire link is a bit funky...

Edit: Google documents viewer seems to do better than Mediafire's. can't post my link to it yet. :/
Palmer
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excalibuurr wrote:
Anyone got spreedsheet for items? Trying to find sunlight medal and the likes... That mediafire link is a bit funky...

Edit: Google documents viewer seems to do better than Mediafire's. can't post my link to it yet. :/

Yea, don't use mediafire to view it. It's a jumbled mess. Download it and open it with whatever program works best for you. I suggest trying Apache Open Office. It's just as good as Excel, and it's free.
Tournurifica
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer wrote:
BUMP

Dark Byte kindly added the link to my last post. The updated excel file is now available.

Is that the same spreadsheet? It doesn't look complete
Po1ntBlank
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few updates from my point of view.

A friend of mine is avid in cheat engine, he doesn't make tables, but was able to figure out cursed weapons, etc. just by editing values himself.

I asked about my hairstyle problem, turns out the pointer for hairstyle is broken. I solved this by using a torrented copy of 1.0.0, loading the original table, editing the hair, and then reloading the save in the newest version of dark souls. The hairstyle asks for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 etc. but the hair values are more like 2400, 3200, etc.

I was only editing visual style, not status. I just assumed status was like poisoned or something. It works perfectly. I reccomend renaming it to Hollow 1/2 and Hollow 2/2, so it matches up with Dgrayed's pastebin.

I think that we should strive to add more "cheats" based on fun, rather than actual cheating. I think we have enough to give you an edge if you really need it (Offline of course), and enough options to make characters look, feel, or play however you want them (For cosplays or builds).

I miss being able to summon a capra demon in the undead asylum as a phantom to fight the Stray Demon. Or turning Ornstein into a phantom, and having him duke it out with Smough. This is what I believe we should press for, and I'm trying my absolute best to learn all I can about how cheat engine works so I can assist you guys besides simple bug tests. I thank you greatly for all your work.
Tournurifica
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Po1ntBlank wrote:

A friend of mine is avid in cheat engine, he doesn't make tables, but was able to figure out cursed weapons, etc. just by editing values himself.

I asked about my hairstyle problem, turns out the pointer for hairstyle is broken. I solved this by using a torrented copy of 1.0.0, loading the original table, editing the hair, and then reloading the save in the newest version of dark souls. The hairstyle asks for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 etc. but the hair values are more like 2400, 3200, etc.

I was only editing visual style, not status. I just assumed status was like poisoned or something. It works perfectly. I reccomend renaming it to Hollow 1/2 and Hollow 2/2, so it matches up with Dgrayed's pastebin.

I think that we should strive to add more "cheats" based on fun, rather than actual cheating. I think we have enough to give you an edge if you really need it (Offline of course), and enough options to make characters look, feel, or play however you want them (For cosplays or builds).

I miss being able to summon a capra demon in the undead asylum as a phantom to fight the Stray Demon. Or turning Ornstein into a phantom, and having him duke it out with Smough. This is what I believe we should press for, and I'm trying my absolute best to learn all I can about how cheat engine works so I can assist you guys besides simple bug tests. I thank you greatly for all your work.

EDIT: working on the hair thing
EDIT EDIT: Fixed it.
Go to the hairstyle entry in your table, double-click the address, Change the pointer from 10d to 27c and make it 4 bytes.
Then the values in the table extras (based on your gender) are correct.
Use the Actual Value

Male Hair Style:
(Master / Actual Value)
0 / 1000 - Shaved
1 / 1100 - Receding
2 / 1200 - Short
3 / 1300 - Swept Back
4 / 1400 - Ponytail
5 / 1500 - Wild
6 / 1600 - Parted Center
7 / 1700 - Semi-Long
8 / 1800 - Curly
9 / 1900 - Bobbed
=========
Female Hair Style:
(Master / Actual Value)
0 / 3000 - Shaved
1 / 3100 - Very Short
2 / 3200 - Wave
3 / 3300 - Straight A
4 / 3400 - Straight B
5 / 3500 - Ponytail A
6 / 3600 - Ponytail B
7 / 3700 - Pigtails
8 / 3800 - Bun
9 / 3900 - Braided

If you can PM me how you spawned bosses prior to the patch, I can try looking to see what changed. Lately I have been pulling apart the game files and browsing all sorts of things, and yes I figured out cursing as well but there are far more interesting potential than just cursing players.

Last edited by Tournurifica on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Po1ntBlank
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tournurifica wrote:
Po1ntBlank wrote:

EDIT: working on the hair thing

If you can PM me how you spawned bosses prior to the patch, I can try looking to see what changed. Lately I have been pulling apart the game files and browsing all sorts of things, and yes I figured out cursing as well but there are far more interesting potential than just cursing players.

Keep in mind I am painfully new to Cheat Engine. The most I've figured out is simply changing the hair value in game, not even making a pointer to it, as I don't understand how pointers work.

It was a table made by Dgrayed once, I don't remember when, I think 1.0.0, and it just had a script to summon a boss as a phantom
Tournurifica
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Po1ntBlank wrote:
Keep in mind I am painfully new to Cheat Engine. The most I've figured out is simply changing the hair value in game, not even making a pointer to it, as I don't understand how pointers work.

It was a table made by Dgrayed once, I don't remember when, I think 1.0.0, and it just had a script to summon a boss as a phantom

Check my previous post, I fixed the hair for the latest table.
If you can send me the old table with script I can have a look at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Tables All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 30 of 91

Jump to: