Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modify "print" call pointer of Game with LUA engin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> Plugin development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redplug
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Modify "print" call pointer of Game with LUA engin Reply with quote

Hi,

lets say we have a game which has an LUA engine for scripting but dose not allow send information's to other processes. The game has the possibility to print lines to the in game console by calling print in LUA.

As the C API of LUA sets pointers to the functions it should be possible to modify that pointer to point to my own function in my own program or i am wrong?

And if yes. How is the best way to find that pointer and how do i change the address?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm,. not sure how to do that without hooking the lua engine of the game or the print function that is called

You could try ultimap to find out the function address that is executed when you print to the screen and then see if you can find an pointer that points to there. And check that the region it is in is a lua memory block

Perhaps you can find the lua engine and lua pointer itself, and then issue a lua_register call overriding the existing function

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
redplug
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

so what is ultimap?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> Plugin development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: