Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game crashing from all the debuggers, cant find pointer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exia69
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Game crashing from all the debuggers, cant find pointer Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm trying to find the pointer and base address for HP in the game TERA online. Im running on a 64bit Win 7.
Heres what happens, I search for my HP 4byte then when I find it, I right click and select "find out what writes to this address" the debugger asks to attach I apply, In game I do something for my HP to go down and the debugger shows me the new extra information about the offset. So I copy the "probobly" address and tick Hex for a new scan. I scan that address and find several black addressee's. Once I take one of them in this case it was 0008D5EC and the offset before was 8, so I make a new pointer 0008D5EC+8. It all works fine it points to the right information but when I right click that pointer and select again "find out what writes to this address" then "find out what writes to this pointer" my game then crashes instantly. What am I doing wrong here? I have read that if I change the debugger to the VEH it should work. I have done that and it works but only for the 1st layer of address like I mentioned.

I have seen that some people have already gotten the TERA offsets, so Im sure Im doing something wrong here since they were also using Cheat Engine.
exia69
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

found the pointers I needed by using the pointer scanner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: