Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Write a Game Server Console for HaloCE with VB2010 or anythg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seMtec™
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Write a Game Server Console for HaloCE with VB2010 or anythg Reply with quote

Hey,

i need some help.

I wanna write me a Console Dedicated Server Program for HaloCE. Like a Normal haloded.exe / haloceded.exe

If here are haloplayers, they know what i mean, but i guess in the most Games the Host Home servers work with the Same principe or ??? Very Happy

Well, is it possible to write something like this in Visual Basic ?? or do i need any other Program like C++ or C# ?????

If so please tell me, and maybe help me abit with the coding. I need to know how i should begin with the code with it if i start a new Console Application in VB or C# etc.

At first i want program a Simple console home server which runs in the specific game, in my part "haloPC/CE".

And later i maybe look around and add some Codes which allows the server to do, like developer mode or something.

Hope someone could help Wink

Kind Regards
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I follow what you want to do. You either want remote rcon or to rewrite a full blown server instance.

You either want to write a halo server program for console using an MS Visual product, or you want to write a halo server console program. In the latter I assume you are talking about a console program to control the server and not the server console portion itself.

I am assuming you mean something like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO-VMWTnN28

Sorry for the long video.

But since you mention haloded.exe I imagine you mean to rewrite your program to include the normal server functions and some of your own custom functions. In order to do this you would need to reverse engineer the whole game in order to handle game events scripting and other game related things in your custom program. It's really too big a project to undertake as likely by the time you finished it there would be a new halo version out.

seMtec™
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, i want to make a console dedicated server that when i open it in halo my server is there.

Something like this: "cant pose URLS yet omg.." so search on youtube for: HaloCE Skyline's Server Application.

I hope u didn't understand it like this, that i need a program to control someone others server. Just want to make my own dedicated server which runs then on halo Internet lobby with a console application.

Is it really so big ?? cuz i think Skyline (the person who made the application in the video) dont seems to be like that he made this console since 2003 :S. HE did many programs for haloce.
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah that's totally doable, you want like a remote admin thing.

You should be able to do that easily in any of the Visual languages, I'd personally try C# or C++ as opposed to VB.

You just need to know the packet structure for the server so the remote client can send the correct packet data to the server.

You could even have tables with cells listing player names and slot id's and even guid if you like and have it where you click a persons name and click kick and they are booted with or without reason. You are only limited by your imagination.

I'm not sure where you could find documentation on the protocol to communicate with the server, but your idea is possible.

Quote:
Halo PC Standalone Server 1.02 (No maps)Edit Halo PC Standalone Server 1.02 (No maps) sectionEdit

(October 8, 2003) (File Size: 7.36 MB)

Enables multiple instances of a server to be run.

Adds remote administration of servers (rcon).

From http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved_%28PC%29_patches

This is for a source server, it is an example of something close to what you would like to do, this one uses a PHP page to allow remote administration, this is merely an example, your connection strings to the server may differ.

http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/6237

Source is included with that link.

seMtec™
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah riiiight Very Happy. Just a simple Dedicated server which runs from my console thingy then. Well yeah i would use rcon then to control my stuff with admin etc. Rcon is easily to enable in Halo thats no problem.

But um i got a 2nd idea too. I have already a haloded.exe/haloceded.exe and i run this server often but well its just a normal. I wanna to something like skyline with the commands to teleport players and stuff.

IS there a way i just can edit the haloded.exe that already exists and add more codes in it ?? or wut ?

If so, how i would do this at best ?? Very Happy

Kind Regards and thanks for this for now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: