Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open a dialog and launch the game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xezrunner
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 am    Post subject: Open a dialog and launch the game Reply with quote

There's a game (Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2) that has many debug dialogs inside it's exe.(can be seen with Resource Hacker) Launching the game with -setup will launch a setup dialog, and closes when clicking on OK or Cancel. I'd like to open a different dialog for the setup dialog (I know it's possible it was done before by my friend but I've got no idea how) and I'd like to start the game while the dialog is open so I can see the debug data of the debug dialog.

Any help would be appriciated.
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disassemble the game in a program such as IDA or another disassembler and start looking around for ways to see how that dialog is loaded. Some things you can do to help try and narrow it down:
- Look for string references that regard debugging.
- Look for imports that refer to embedded resources and dialogs.
- Look for where the command line arguments are handled. (Look for the -setup string reference to find a good start of that since you know -setup works already.)

In this case disassembling will land up getting you further then debugging or searching memory for things most likely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: