Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COMPLETE CheatEngine Tutorial(with pictures) UPDATE JAN 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomjoon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "find out what writes to this address" function only seems to work once. After I try to use it on another address, nothing shows up, and I have to restart the tutorial.
x3ak
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: +4 "Word" Reply with quote

For those who wonder where the hell did he took that +4 while creating structure:
You can try to find this value by "find out what writes to this address", and you will see something like mov [ebx+04],eax
eddyman26
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CheatEngine Tutorial(with pictures) UPDATE JAN Reply with quote

YoungDragon wrote:
See original code? You got dec [ebx+00000478]. Copy that. Then turn it into a comment so it doesn't interfere with our new code by adding "//" before it without the quotes. Delete the stuff next to // under newmem. paste the thing you copied under newmem and change dec to add. also, add ",2" to it. (The instructions tell you to add 2 to it every time you click "Hit me") You should get this:

Code:
add [ebx+00000478],2

UPDATED!! JANUARY 24, 2015.

First off; I dont get dec [ebx=00000478], I get "sub dword ptr [ebx+00000478],01"
Second; I copied the "[ebx+00000478]" for newmem and did the add command and pasted it with a ,2 at the end. Nothing works. What DOES happen is I get an error message saying "Error in line 6 (00000000:add [ebx+00000478],2) :This instruction can't be compiled"
I have tried almost everything I can think of, I did the full "[ebx+00000478],01" with a ,2 after the ,01. I have copied the WHOLE line except the sub at the beggining and added ,2 after it so it looks like dword ptr [ebx+00000478],01,2 . Nothing has worked. Mad

Capture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.87 KB
 Viewed:  60283 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been over a year and a half since this was last updated. You shouldn't expect things to stay the same forever.

The instruction add [ebx+478],2 should be on its own line with nothing (except optional whitespace characters) preceding it. If that's not the problem, showing us the full script would be helpful.

ZeroXJ4
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very much man Very Happy
you did a great job for making this tutorial for newbies
YoungDragon
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to reupdate this.. Jan 2017 update incoming?!

Edit: Is CheatEngine Forums still updated/Viewed at all??

Felixmaster
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reading through and following the tutorial myself, and found it alot more useful than i thought it would be.. expected it to be one those typical tutorials that don't really show or teach you anything that common sense don't Razz

RTFM OP.. found it very insightful, though.. considering the 9th tutorial has changed slightly in 6.6 i'm trying to figure out how to find the correct value address to work through with lol

Edit: Seems like the issue was because i was doing the x64 version and not the x32/86 version haha
Slyy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: TUT Step 9 Reply with quote

I cant find the different group numbers. Im not sure what i did wrong or have missing

[/img]

TUT 9 Help.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.46 KB
 Viewed:  56786 Time(s)

TUT 9 Help.png

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you're using the 64-bit version of the tutorial.

The instruction that accesses the address of the health uses an offset of +8, not +4. At the top of the structure dissect window, change all the -4 to -8, delete the old structure, define a new structure, and let CE guess everything.

OP didn't explain this, but the beginning of a structure can often be found by looking at the offset instructions use to access a value within the structure. For example, one of the instructions that accesses the health on step 9 is movss [rbx+08],xmm0. The start of the structure is likely the value of rbx, and +8 is how the game gets to the value of the health inside the structure. Of course, this doesn't always have to be the case, but it is a common convention.

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: TUT Step 9 Reply with quote

Slyy wrote:
I cant find the different group numbers. Im not sure what i did wrong or have missing
-FYI, anything can be used as an 'ID' for code segregation, so long as it is reliable. In this case, you have the name at offset +15 that identifies each character -- and that can be used as your ID, literally.
neviemnic
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the recent code for last stage is 31337157 if somebody's tutorial crashed cuz mistake Very Happy
YoungDragon
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these days, I will update. My beloved sub was deleted.. Or hidden?? DarkByte plz
VigamezBoy
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Note that somewhere. You can close that now. Now, what we must do is find out where the code is that is making the health go down. Simple really, you must find what accesses the address. You can use whichever, but I use Dave. Find out what accesses it and see all the weird codes.

Different value types use different assembly codes. For example the code to lose health is "fsubr" meaning "Float subtract" or whatever. Click stop and click "Show dissassembler" when highlighting that one. (Mine says 00427D7D - D8 6B 04 - fsubr dword prt [ebx+04])

Hello, everybody. I'm new here. By the way, I just managed to reach at tutorial 8, but instead fsubr dword prt, this below is what I got.

btw, I was used tutorial 64 bit version, so is there any solutions how to get past this with such movss assembly command? thank you.

cheatengine-x86_64_2017-09-26_04-53-47.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.06 KB
 Viewed:  40986 Time(s)

cheatengine-x86_64_2017-09-26_04-53-47.png

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third one down (i.e. movss [rbx+08],xmm0) is the write to the address; all others are reading from the address.
3bitbrain
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Step 9 Data Structures Question Reply with quote

Using x64 CE 6.7

The code that does the write ( for me ) is :
Code:
movess [rbx+08],xmm0

This tutorial help shows FPU / x87 assembler coding.

How do you set up a compare for this and where at?
Code:
movss xmm1,[rbx+08]
subss xmm1,xmm0
movss xmm0,Tutorial-x86_64.exe+2070D8
comiss xmm1,xmm0
jp Tutorial-x86_64.exe+2E574
jb Tutorial-x86_64.exe+2E577
moveaps xmm0,xmm1
movess [rbx+08],xmm0 <--- the "writing to" code

The conditional jumps are throwing me for a loop.

PS : thanks for the -8 tip on x64.Very Happy With -4 you get some strange inconsistent answers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: