Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyan Cat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: About prices Reply with quote

Where I live, prices are kind of high for electronic hardware. Take an iPod Touch 4G 32GB. Here, they would cost roughly 500 dollars. In the US, I saw the exact same model, but for like 200 dollars cheaper. Why is it like this? Is it because of importing costs and taxes?
lucidity
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be shipping, there can be costs to import things (if you've ever traveled internationally you're familiar with the paperwork you get about purchases).

It depends where you are, what it is, could have something to do with licensing or a variety of other factors like the cost of localizing the device.

I know the price difference between iPhones in the US and Russia is very high (to the tune of $400), but believe that specifically has to do with the fact that supply is low there because the specific type of network required for an iPhone is not supported there, thus making supply mostly nonexistent and allowing area shops to charge pretty much anything they want for the 1-2 phones they have in stock. As for the iPod, I can't say.

» Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower » EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED » EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SuperClocked 1536MB » i7-980XE » CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB PC3 12800 DDR3 » OS: Intel X25-M SSD » Game Storage: Raid-0 2 x WD VelociRaptor 10000 RPM » CE Cache Drive: 500GB WD Caviar » Power Supply: OCZ Z Series Gold 1000W
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps it's not 'exactly' the same model. While the model number and features might be the same, it could be the vendor has installed some adware on the iPod tracking your every move. Which is why it's cheaper in the US (for some reason advertisers pay extraordinary amounts of money specifically for US citizens and only a little for other countries, including UK, Germany and other non-third world countries )

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the prices shown for US items do not include tax yet
Aids
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck. Here in Australia I'd love to pay $500.

It's $1000 here.

Welcome to price manipulation made by companies ran by fatcats who only want money, i.e. everyone.
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevergreen. wrote:

It's $1000 here.

Welcome to price manipulation made by companies ran by fatcats who only want money, i.e. everyone.
Holy crap, the 3gs is $700? Do you guys get paid 14 times as much in Australia or something?
Nyan Cat
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
i believe the prices shown for US items do not include tax yet

So tax is added afterwards? That's awfully peculiar.

Nevergreen. wrote:

It's $1000 here.

Holy crap!! An iPhone 4 32GB for $999!! In Sweden, an unbranded iPhone 4 would cost around $1531.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: