Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Multi Level Pointer tutorial, the easy way, pointer scanner
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chase Payne
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Multi Level Pointer tutorial, the easy way, pointer scanner This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

There is a bug in the tutorial where it is playing the sound from Fat Princess ( A ps3 game). I can't fix it, it's embedded in the recording. Sorry!

After 2 year Is decided to update my project on multi-level pointers.
I fully recommend this version, using the pointer scanner may take longer, but it saves time in the long run; depending on how hard it is to find the pointer.


On my last post, i stated that I would use this on hacking a real game.

Not everyone has Dungeon Siege II... so instead I've written a small game.

This game contains hundreds of pointers, and to me it seems impossible to find a pointer manually. They all lead to dead ends for me.
If you can find the pointer manually, please let me know how.


First thing you'll need is the program I've written.
http://hotfile.com/dl/62556485/4b13d04/Chases_Game.zip.html



And the tutorial,
http://hotfile.com/dl/62556136/0082fb3/Pointer_Scanner.zip.html


If you have any questions post it in this forum. Enjoy!


Last edited by Chase Payne on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Byte
Site Admin
Reputation: 337

Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 19727
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Nice tutorial

also good example of why not to click stop too soon. (generally speaking, never use stop unless your harddisk is too small)
The pointerscan goes from the lowest possible offset to the biggest, but if it happens that the actual (working) pointer is a high value offset at the end, stopping prematurely will not find it (e.g in case of your example, if you where too quick, it would have included the pointers ending with 234, but not those ending with 39c)

as for the explenation why your program has a level 5 pointer:
Your string classes are created in the stack of the program instead of being stored at a static location in memory. So the pointerscan will have to find a static address that points to something else which finally points to it (e.g display->stringhandler->stackbase->offsetintostack, etc...)

_________________
Do not ask me about online cheats. I don't know any and wont help finding them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Chase Payne
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Nice tutorial

also good example of why not to click stop too soon. (generally speaking, never use stop unless your harddisk is too small)
The pointerscan goes from the lowest possible offset to the biggest, but if it happens that the actual (working) pointer is a high value offset at the end, stopping prematurely will not find it (e.g in case of your example, if you where too quick, it would have included the pointers ending with 234, but not those ending with 39c)

as for the explenation why your program has a level 5 pointer:
Your string classes are created in the stack of the program instead of being stored at a static location in memory. So the pointerscan will have to find a static address that points to something else which finally points to it (e.g display->stringhandler->stackbase->offsetintostack, etc...)

So how would I store my my strings in a static address, pushing it to the heap????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Byte
Site Admin
Reputation: 337

Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 19727
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just declaring the strings outside of the function(global) will already place the pointer to the string object into static memory
_________________
Do not ask me about online cheats. I don't know any and wont help finding them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
jman10135
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Location: Camrose, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, your game program wont open for me. I get the error "The program can't start because MSVCR100D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Do you have any idea why this is happening? I'm stuck on multilevel pointers in the cheat engine tutorial, and I think this would be perfect, if it would work of course. I'm sorry my n00b powers must be overwhelming, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks Smile

PS: I've tried redownloading it and even run as administrator and run it in compatibility mode (I knew the last two wouldnt help lol)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chase Payne
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jman10135 wrote:
Hey, your game program wont open for me. I get the error "The program can't start because MSVCR100D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Do you have any idea why this is happening? I'm stuck on multilevel pointers in the cheat engine tutorial, and I think this would be perfect, if it would work of course. I'm sorry my n00b powers must be overwhelming, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks Smile

PS: I've tried redownloading it and even run as administrator and run it in compatibility mode (I knew the last two wouldnt help lol)

This issue is fixed with the next update.


Last edited by Chase Payne on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dargoth
Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for a great tutorial. I learned a lot and made my first table. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chase Payne
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, for some reason the program only worked if you had visual c++, so now I have done a few changes.


1. The file is no longer in rar
2. The files will no longer be hosted in rapidshare, due to cost reasons.
3. The tutorial will be re-done soon, showing you how to make a very fast multi level pointer in any game.
4. The missing dll for people who cannot code, is now included.


(Although I realize *NOBODY* gives rep (even after 2000+ downloads) in the tutorial section, I will be giving this method my last thing to do.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
uldbridt
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Posts: 3
Location: Amsterdam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty for this, i will test it in a few days to finish cheat engine tut 8


BTW how to give rep ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chase Payne
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 533

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tutorial is under a massive update and will be moving to youtube. I will post the update in a new topic soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dolcepanna
Newbie cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi Level Pointer tutorial, the easy way, pointer scan Reply with quote

Chase Payne wrote:
There is a bug in the tutorial where it is playing the sound from Fat Princess ( A ps3 game). I can't fix it, it's embedded in the recording. Sorry!

After 2 year Is decided to update my project on multi-level pointers.
I fully recommend this version, using the pointer scanner may take longer, but it saves time in the long run; depending on how hard it is to find the pointer.


On my last post, i stated that I would use this on hacking a real game.

Not everyone has Dungeon Siege II... so instead I've written a small game.

This game contains hundreds of pointers, and to me it seems impossible to find a pointer manually. They all lead to dead ends for me.
If you can find the pointer manually, please let me know how.

If you have any questions post it in this forum. Enjoy!




Dude Hi can you please help me with the Multilevel Pointers how to find the one or the once i need to be able to change the value i need however for weeks i am trying to look at videos i also looked at your but there are still things unclear to me for example when you did What accesses this address the first time how did you know whitch is the code to put in the pointer scanner... Please give me some help with this i busting my head to understand how it works and I seem to run in to a brick wall every single time Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samcruz
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile) i'm tried arount 2 weeks to use cheat engin for the game"" empire goodgamestudios""
maybe there is some level pointers,but i can to find only first and when i change the amount ,it is change only on display..
How to find the real place ?can you show me or explain me Smile) Thank you !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Byte
Site Admin
Reputation: 337

Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 19727
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointers do not help you if editing the value has no effect in the game. The value must work before even bothering to find the pointer.

Also, if it's an online game give up on that value, as it means it's sever sided

_________________
Do not ask me about online cheats. I don't know any and wont help finding them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
samcruz
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay ,and what can i do ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gi@nnis
Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 26 Oct 2013
Posts: 32
Location: Greece

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samcruz wrote:
okay ,and what can i do ?

Nothing. If it's server side, you can't do anything.
Unless you can hack the server.Razz

As Dark Byte said "give up" Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites