Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a thought [Big Bang Theory]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farr.
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Just a thought [Big Bang Theory] Reply with quote

if the big bang did in fact start the beginning of the universe, then that means that everything in the universe must be composed of the same elements. Meaning if we did find other planets they would all be similar to earth. And for a planet to sustain life it must be at a correct distance from the sun, meaning all planets with life must be very similar, or even exactly like that of the earth. Obviously the shape / size of the land might be different or the planet might be all water/ land. Does this also mean we've discovered all elements that can exist (excluding synthetic elements) as we've completed the periodic table.
I'd like your opinion on this
Karakawe
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fundamentally correct. According to our current understanding, all matter is composed of atoms, and atoms work in a certain, prescribed way, which we more or less understand (to a point -- utter randomness aside).
The part about other planets being hospitable to life is interesting. The scenario has given rise to many theories on evolution (at least of carbon-based life): if the two planets are considerably similar, it would be reasonable to think that organic material came about similarly (either with the crazy volcanic activity and lightning theory or the one with frozen water). Since evolution from that point was (in theory) so widespread, global, it is also reasonable to assume that the process would repeat in a similar manner on an earth-like planet-scenario.

Thus, the stereotypical alien with humanoid form and elongated head is justified. Amen.
Farr.
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it makes sense doesn't it. If the planet is too close to its sun, it becomes a volcanic planet. If a planet is too far away it also does not sustain life, which means that life cannot exist in extreme hot or cold temperatures, so all life forms are restricted to moderate temperatures, meaning the planet MUST be a correct distance from its sun. And under those specific conditions, life begins, like here on earth.
What I'm saying is, on a hot planet, the conditions create volcanoes, lava and no life. An ice planet creates snow, ice storms and no life (unless frozen under water), but a planet like earth creates life, like trees and animals and humans as we're all made of the same elements.

kind of depressing isn't it? That MAYBE every habitable planet is very similar to Earth
Karakawe
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too depressing -- the alternative would be that Earth is the only hospitable planet toward life. Life on the other planets might branch out similarly to life on Earth, but that only accounts for earthlike planetary setups and life as we know it. Ever see/read Andromeda Strain?
iTz SWAT
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok but what made the big bang and what made what made the big bang.
I personally think that the human mind can't comprehend any thing before time. Therefore we can't comprehend what happened before the big bang.

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there are so many ways that people say that the universe was created, its only our own judgement that we feel comfortable in saying how the world was created.
Farr.
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajjikelKitty wrote:
I think that there are so many ways that people say that the universe was created, its only our own judgement that we feel comfortable in saying how the world was created.

well they wouldn't accept the theory of the big bang without at least some kind of evidence or proof towards their theory. The Large Hadron Collider is going to try and simulate/replicate what happened at the beginning of our universe, which could lead to even more proof or even prove that the big bang theory was correct
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farr. wrote:
MajjikelKitty wrote:

well they wouldn't accept the theory of the big bang without at least some kind of evidence or proof towards their theory. The Large Hadron Collider is going to try and simulate/replicate what happened at the beginning of our universe, which could lead to even more proof or even prove that the big bang theory was correct

There is A LOT of evidence to support the big bang...
zackary
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did the universe have to be created?
why couldnt it have just ALWAYS existed? time is only a factor on earth where we use it.
in space it could be infinite.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bfsdbsdfbdsfb
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everything is composed by atoms E.G Dark matter is composed from a hypothetical entity called axions which aren't affected by photons unlike atoms.
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zackary wrote:
why did the universe have to be created?
why couldnt it have just ALWAYS existed? time is only a factor on earth where we use it.
in space it could be infinite.

Perhaps the concept of nothingness isn't comprehensible to us simple beings. The universe itself is much like a living organism, as it is constantly growing/expanding. And on its wake it brings about new matter. The idea of all matter being the same as here on earth is something I have never thought about. I do hope that somewhere, at least one planet is similar to ours. Even if it is just for us to play god on, or for us to learn from.

Also, considering how evolution is bound to survival of the fittest, the organisms that would survive on such a planet could be entirely different from us. And even if the planet inhabits humanoids, they could look very different. For instance, if the planet were slightly hotter or colder, it would become a very different humanoid from us. The concept of different lifeforms excites me, a lot! Even if it were just a plant, or a bug.
AtheistCrusader
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything in science that has happened, will happen again.
So the Big Bang, has happened many times before so we have lots of universes..
So something was before the Big Bang.
To0k
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: This post has 2 review(s) Reply with quote

ITT:

Codeslinger
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that I concur. Life must be carbon/water based and must only exist in very specific conditions.

Also what I think you are also implying is that because the universe is so huge, it's mathematically impossible for there to not be other life similar to us, and I also concur.
Farr.
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Codeslinger wrote:
My opinion is that I concur. Life must be carbon/water based and must only exist in very specific conditions.

Also what I think you are also implying is that because the universe is so huge, it's mathematically impossible for there to not be other life similar to us, and I also concur.

yes, and even if there were 1 in a trillion chance that there is a planet like Earth then that still = billions of planets
It's just too bad that even if we do discover one of these planets we wouldn't be able to communicate with them for a long time.
Also, as the universe is always expanding, the galaxies are slowly moving away from each other. So if we do one day discover a faster way of space travel the distances will be even greater.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: