Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


IS C# a good language to make a game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jorg hi
I post too much
Reputation: 7

Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 2276
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: IS C# a good language to make a game? Reply with quote

IS C# a good language to make a game?
_________________
CEF will always stay alive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5804

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, it's a great language


look into XNA or SlimDX
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caelestis
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is. Why would you doubt?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArabProphet
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is, I'm currently coding Brick Break (a popular facebook game), using recursive methods =). C# makes working with objects and array of objects fairly simple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NINTENDO
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 0

Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 1372

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

using xna it would be great.
_________________
Intel over amd yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JamesWhite
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone
This is true that C# is a good language to develop a game but java is far better option.

_________________
aliengames . ro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 122

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2047

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesWhite wrote:
Hi everyone
This is true that C# is a good language to develop a game but java is far better option. I have developed a game site.There are very interesting game are available. Some game like Jocuri sport and the web site is monstergames . ro . Just play once and enjoy the fun.


Thanks

why? :/
personally I dislike java.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 195

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1848

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Java is great for web applications and 2d games, but I don't see quake being made in Java.
So depending on the type of game you're looking to make, C's or Java could either be good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPromise
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Posts: 522
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5804

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lưcky7 wrote:
Java is great for web applications and 2d games, but I don't see quake being made in Java.
So depending on the type of game you're looking to make, C's or Java could either be good.


quake2 has already been done in java.

http://bytonic.de/html/jake2.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 195

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1848

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
Lưcky7 wrote:
Java is great for web applications and 2d games, but I don't see quake being made in Java.
So depending on the type of game you're looking to make, C's or Java could either be good.


quake2 has already been done in java.

http://bytonic.de/html/jake2.html

Touche, I should know by now that quake's been rebuilt in every coding language possible.
But my point is Java isn't the strongest for advanced 3d games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
masterzero
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 137

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lưcky7 wrote:
slovach wrote:
Lưcky7 wrote:
Java is great for web applications and 2d games, but I don't see quake being made in Java.
So depending on the type of game you're looking to make, C's or Java could either be good.


quake2 has already been done in java.

http://bytonic.de/html/jake2.html

Touche, I should know by now that quake's been rebuilt in every coding language possible.
But my point is Java isn't the strongest for advanced 3d games.

it still can do a pretty decent job
http://jmonkeyengine.com/blog/screenshots/

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 122

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2047

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masterzero wrote:
Lưcky7 wrote:
slovach wrote:
Lưcky7 wrote:
Java is great for web applications and 2d games, but I don't see quake being made in Java.
So depending on the type of game you're looking to make, C's or Java could either be good.


quake2 has already been done in java.

http://bytonic.de/html/jake2.html

Touche, I should know by now that quake's been rebuilt in every coding language possible.
But my point is Java isn't the strongest for advanced 3d games.

it still can do a pretty decent job
http://jmonkeyengine.com/blog/screenshots/

if working with game engines why not working with C++ and the Unreal Engine UDK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5804

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogodr wrote:
if working with game engines why not working with C++ and the Unreal Engine UDK


because you don't get C++ code with UDK, you get java-like unrealscript. epic has moved as much of the native code into unrealscript as possible.


Lưcky7 wrote:
Touche, I should know by now that quake's been rebuilt in every coding language possible.
But my point is Java isn't the strongest for advanced 3d games.


except it's completely fine in reality despite what people think.
you'll end up limited by your own skill / implementation far before anything else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 122

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2047

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried the UDK yet but at least the Unreal Engine 3 worked with C++
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites