Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot off the press
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I am Deadmaster
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Hot off the press Reply with quote

Yea the lighting needs work but it was a 45 minute sig battle thing, 45 minutes freestyle,=o
And here it is (in the attachements)

Took a lot more work than you think, I made the fire, I made the hole, most of the dirt was Cloned, and colored a bit to make it seem different the sky, etc, etc,
Anyways enjoy =)
And cnc anything besides the lighting coming from a mysterious source.

airplane.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.69 KB
 Viewed:  19781 Time(s)

airplane.png

Rick.
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a bit too bright in the upper right hand corner, and the text would be better the other way around, so we don't have to flip our heads upside down to actually read what it says. The fire does look nice on it.
To0k
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's awesome.
8/10
Trucido

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks cool, but to be honest I cant tell whats going on with the plane.
And the 321 looks choppy.

But its very well made.

I am Deadmaster
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the aiplane fucks with the brain, Lol
But heres what the airplane looks like:(Attachement, still can't post Urls)

airplanebase.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  182.55 KB
 Viewed:  19709 Time(s)

airplanebase.png

Bobi!
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angle of the plane looks kind of weird and you might want to flip the text, but other then that it looks nice.
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like the stuff you make, and this looks excellent. the only problem is the plane.
redslothx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest here, this is not good at all.

Reasons:
-The positioning of the plane is awkward. The only thing you can accurately make out or position is the cockpit and the body of the plane. The wings and tail section literally look like a mass of metal slapped onto each other. The position was off, and it creates confusion.

-The fire was wrongly expressed for a blast off or for a crash. During a blast off, fire shoots in the opposite direction of the object that will be launched. If plane is facing <- then fire is shooting ->. If this was a crash, then the fire is simply too weak and inactive. The fire in this sig looks like a simple bonfire. It's as if the plane is just sitting on it for no apparent reason. It lacks action, and it lacks the necessary motion for blasting off or crash landing. The fire is also too weak and lacks the elements of a blast off/crash fire. They are darker, and they have more volume/mass because of smoke.

-Text is awkward to look at. For starters, it's diagonal. To make matters worse, it's upside down. It's distracting given that the text is confusing, and that the plane positioning already created an even greater load of confusion.

-In regards to text and positioning of plane; what were you trying to do? Is this supposed to be a plane lifting off as a rocket would? Or is it a plane crash? There's so little details to help the viewer figure this out that the overall effect is even more confusion.

-Background/non focal areas are too monotone and empty.

Don't mean to sound like an ass, but it's boring.
First time i saw this i was like: "What is going here?"

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Cowboy wrote:

Reasons:
-The positioning of the plane is awkward. The only thing you can accurately make out or position is the cockpit and the body of the plane. The wings and tail section literally look like a mass of metal slapped onto each other. The position was off, and it creates confusion.

-The fire was wrongly expressed for a blast off or for a crash. During a blast off, fire shoots in the opposite direction of the object that will be launched. If plane is facing <- then fire is shooting ->. If this was a crash, then the fire is simply too weak and inactive. The fire in this sig looks like a simple bonfire. It's as if the plane is just sitting on it for no apparent reason. It lacks action, and it lacks the necessary motion for blasting off or crash landing. The fire is also too weak and lacks the elements of a blast off/crash fire. They are darker, and they have more volume/mass because of smoke.

-Text is awkward to look at. For starters, it's diagonal. To make matters worse, it's upside down. It's distracting given that the text is confusing, and that the plane positioning already created an even greater load of confusion.

-In regards to text and positioning of plane; what were you trying to do? Is this supposed to be a plane lifting off as a rocket would? Or is it a plane crash? There's so little details to help the viewer figure this out that the overall effect is even more confusion.

Art doesn't follow the laws of physics, and it doesn't have to be real.
Thus the creativity part. Wink
And yea, I know the planes awkward positioning, it's been said many times already.
And the fire is like that, because there is no hole in the ground, it's 'reflecting' off the ground, and going back.
redslothx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Deadmaster wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:

Reasons:

Art doesn't follow the laws of physics, and it doesn't have to be real.
Thus the creativity part. Wink
And yea, I know the planes awkward positioning, it's been said many times already.
And the fire is like that, because there is no hole in the ground, it's 'reflecting' off the ground, and going back.

That doesn't mean you should discard the laws of physics. In your case, discarding them was a failure since you failed to support the reason for discarding them.* Also, keep in mind fire doesn't reflect, it burns and it scorches. Your fire is just sitting there doing absolutely nothing but looking yellow/orange. The fire has no strength -- it's weak.

(*Abstract art often goes against laws of physics, but they always have a reason of why to do so. You discarding the laws of physics here was not supported by the fact that you were trying to portray a blast off[as the text suggests.])

Edit:
Keep in mind that even the most abstract of artists keep some sense of reality in what they make. There are things are flexible for interpretation, and then there are things where this flexibility can be counterproductive in their creativity.

Last edited by redslothx on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Womanizer
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs a little more work but its perfect! 10/10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Womanizer wrote:
It needs a little more work but its perfect! 10/10
Cal says: That is an oxymoron, if I ever heard one.
Simon :v
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airplanes don't blast off, looool.

Also, the horizon on the far right seems unnaturally straight compared to the rest of it on the left side.
I am Deadmaster
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bisa wrote:
Airplanes don't blast off

No shit sherlock,
Bisa wrote:

Also, the horizon on the far right seems unnaturally straight compared to the rest of it on the left side.

The far right is most curved dipshit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Deadmaster wrote:
Bisa wrote:
Airplanes don't blast off

No shit sherlock,
Bisa wrote:

The far right is most curved dipshit.
Shut the fuck up you little idiot. If planes don't blast off then why make it look like it is? That's your own fucking fault for making yourself look like a fucking 3 year old when making it. Fucking stupid fuck.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: