Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBVM 0.5 issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> DBVM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ycros
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: DBVM 0.5 issues Reply with quote

Hi, just trying out DBVM 0.5 on my c2d E6850 duo - when I select the option to start virtualization, it goes "whee" then "BOOT" then comes up with a "VMXLOOP EXIT". Details are:

Code:

VMXLOOP EXIT: APICID=1
0: vmxloop was successfull and returned normal (as in it quit the loop)
0: VM error code=00000000
0: Exit reason=80000021
0: currentcpuinfo=0000000000432d60
Exit from launchVMX, if you see thi, something horrible has happened
bye...

Now, trawling these forums, I loaded up the version currently at cheatengine.org/temp/dbvm.rar and it boot fine, however, CE doesn't pick up that it's there at all. (Still just says "Your system supports DVBM." in the about box - I'm guessing maybe because it was just a test build)

I'm happy to do some testing - I might have a serial cable lying around somewhere as well if it comes to that.

Oh, and I'm running Windows 7 64bit.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so that version in /temp boots up?
If so, check the properties at "computer" it should say you have a special kind of cpu (don't look at the device manager just the properties screen of comp)

if it does, then it's just that ce is most likely being lame. Delete driver.dat and restart ce

if it doesn't then there's probably something else wrong but not sure what (I'll have to test it in windows 7 myself)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Ycros
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, says I have an "Intel(R) Fuck(TM)16 CPU PU".

Plus my whole system is running slightly slower.

I tried deleting Driver.dat but it didn't seem to help.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make a new driver.dat and fill it with this:
Code:

DBKDRVR55
DBKDRVRPROCLIST55
DBKDRVRTHREADLIST55
dbk32.sys
fedcba98

restart ce, and if that fails, restart the whole comp (and boot up with dbvm again)
It should then at least work (valid dbvm )

anyhow, since you mentioned you use windows 64, here's the downside: ce 5.5 doesn't support 64-bit kernelmode, even with dbvm (in 5.5. it's to bypass protections that look at the idt)
5.6 will support 64-bit debugging(if you press f8 during boot or fork out $300 for a signed driver), but it's still a while off before it's fully operational

Ycros
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried restarting CE and the computer - didn't work.

Ah, I was hoping to at least be able to use "what accesses/writes to this pointer" in a game that doesn't like debuggers. Just from the About DBVM page I read "Cheat Engine can make use of these added instructions to make game modification and debugging easier. Especially in Vista 64.".

At the moment I've had to resort to running the game and CE inside a 32bit virtual machine under VMWare, and it's slow.

I've seen that you've been committing a lot to trunk in the past 3 months, I'm excited about the next version - keep up the excellent work. Smile
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes, I know what's going on here
In ce 5.5 (running on 64-bit windows) you can not enable a single option in settings->extra, so dbk32.dll is never loaded. And dbk32.dll contains the dbvm interface

as for the line "Cheat Engine can make use of these added instructions to make game modification and debugging easier. Especially in Vista 64", the "Especially in vista 64" line means the next version of ce, and helpful to other application.
That line is actually cut of, original was :"Especially in vista 64 this can be pretty useful as windows does not allow unsigned drivers by default and prevents the IDT table from being edited"
Meaning that programmers of cheat tools can make use of dbvm and make it work in 64-bit windows by manually loading the driver in kernelmode and hooking the interrupt table

this one should at least show that dbvm is running: Don't overwrite the old ce folder, you can run it just like this.
http://www.cheatengine.org/temp/secondhardlytestedtest.rar (just don't expect the kernelmode debugging routines to do anything except bsod'ing ,spontanous rebooting or freezing completly)
(don't forget to enable kernelmode openprocess in settings->extra so at least the dbvm interface will get loaded)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> DBVM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: