Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Any pixel picture making programs other than Graphics Gale?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 195

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1847

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft, Ian is the best pixel artist in the whole wide west.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Labyrnth
Moderator
Reputation: 9

Joined: 28 Nov 2006
Posts: 6290

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
Pfft, Ian is the best pixel artist in the whole wide west.

X2 on that one.


It really doesn't matter what people use to do the art.
But the skill of MSPaint pixel artist are far more advanced then anyone using Photoshop. Reason being is MS lacks all the tools that newer gen pixel artists use.
The argument of what application is better isn't valid next to the skill factor of using a caveman paint shop to make some serious pixel art without "advanced software help" with that being said, I find that "axalias icon workshop is easier for me to do pixel art." It's main purpose is to make icons, but has a fairley easy to use interface.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 123

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2051

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

photoshop after setting it up for Pixel grid and guides

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2249/95418699.jpg

( I made that set up in like 5 minutes )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
MooseRider-OverDrive
Master Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 409

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrisNMP wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
http://www.herculeaneffort.com/

These dudes use paint.

That shouldn't matter because there are better people who use other programs such as GG, however if you wanted to support your argument based on other peoples talent you could've picked out someone better or a better example.


I use ms paint, and you know I'm good :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrisNMP
Fun Supervisor
Reputation: 16

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snes wrote:
CrisNMP wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
http://www.herculeaneffort.com/

These dudes use paint.

That shouldn't matter because there are better people who use other programs such as GG, however if you wanted to support your argument based on other peoples talent you could've picked out someone better or a better example.


I use ms paint, and you know I'm good Very Happy

Quote:
however if you wanted to support your argument based on other peoples talent

Quote:
support your argument based on other peoples talent

Quote:
based on other peoples talent

Quote:
peoples talent

OP should not care about what others use, he is trying to find something simple and convenient.

_________________

BENBENBENBENBENBENBENBEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
~Pineapple!
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 1810
Location: The Local Library :3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joyedy wrote:
rofl what a name helclean efort lolz

and ya id go with paint if it haz custom zoom but it haznt jus fixed onez pff

So does GG and PS. Most programs do. :3

_________________
Killor <3
My Fast Flash SWF Downloader

Hey, Hitler, want Butt Sechs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chidori
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Posts: 704
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey chris what did you use to make that link running sprite?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
CrisNMP
Fun Supervisor
Reputation: 16

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chidori wrote:
hey chris what did you use to make that link running sprite?

Flash CS4

_________________

BENBENBENBENBENBENBENBEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chidori
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Posts: 704
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrisNMP wrote:
Chidori wrote:
hey chris what did you use to make that link running sprite?

Flash CS4
so you drew out diffrent parts of his body,then animated it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
iGod
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 621
Location: Manchester, uk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chidori wrote:
CrisNMP wrote:
Chidori wrote:
hey chris what did you use to make that link running sprite?

Flash CS4
so you drew out diffrent parts of his body,then animated it?

Yes, draw then motion tween.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
CrisNMP
Fun Supervisor
Reputation: 16

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chidori wrote:
CrisNMP wrote:
Chidori wrote:
hey chris what did you use to make that link running sprite?

Flash CS4
so you drew out diffrent parts of his body,then animated it?

Yes motion tween, however if I continue it I'll probably do the rest fbf instead.

_________________

BENBENBENBENBENBENBENBEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
iGod
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 621
Location: Manchester, uk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrisNMP wrote:
Chidori wrote:
CrisNMP wrote:
Chidori wrote:
hey chris what did you use to make that link running sprite?

Flash CS4
so you drew out diffrent parts of his body,then animated it?

Yes motion tween, however if I continue it I'll probably do the rest fbf instead.

Like Motion tween>Right click>Frame by Frame?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
CrisNMP
Fun Supervisor
Reputation: 16

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

! wrote:
CrisNMP wrote:
Chidori wrote:
CrisNMP wrote:
Chidori wrote:
hey chris what did you use to make that link running sprite?

Flash CS4
so you drew out diffrent parts of his body,then animated it?

Yes motion tween, however if I continue it I'll probably do the rest fbf instead.

Like Motion tween>Right click>Frame by Frame?

No, that won't make a difference. I meant drawing each frame instead of adding a motion tween to each movieclip.

_________________

BENBENBENBENBENBENBENBEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
~Lurker
I post too much
Reputation: 0

Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Posts: 2259
Location: lurking moar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Flash CS3 just because the interface feels the most convenient to me. I can use Adobe Illustrator CS4 too, but Flash CS3 is what feels natural to me. ._.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iGod
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 621
Location: Manchester, uk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Lurker wrote:
I use Flash CS3 just because the interface feels the most convenient to me. I can use Adobe Illustrator CS4 too, but Flash CS3 is what feels natural to me. ._.

You change the interface by drag and drop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development -> 2D Graphics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites