Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Any pixel picture making programs other than Graphics Gale?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Phox
I post too much
Reputation: 110

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 2035

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Any pixel picture making programs other than Graphics Gale? Reply with quote

GG is decent, but it's not awfully user-friendly. Any other free programs for pixel graphics?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer
Reputation: 26

Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 5804

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsPaint?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oblivious
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 45

Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 1910

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:
MsPaint?

This.

View-Zoom-400%-Grid if needed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phox
I post too much
Reputation: 110

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Posts: 2035

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to what you have in mind?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killersamurai
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 10 Sep 2007
Posts: 197
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pain.net is a good program. Its kind of like photoshop. I've attached a picture I drew quickly in Pain.net using multiple layers (skin color layer, head layer, eyes/nose/mouth layer, ear layer, and hair layer). It's not as good as photoshop, but it's not bad either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wahoa
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 990
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint.NET is my preferred choice for pixel by pixel mainly because it's simple and has a grid.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 195

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1847

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS Paint.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
~Pineapple!
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 1810
Location: The Local Library :3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
MS Paint.

o rly?

_________________
Killor <3
My Fast Flash SWF Downloader

Hey, Hitler, want Butt Sechs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 195

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1847

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.herculeaneffort.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Labyrnth
Moderator
Reputation: 9

Joined: 28 Nov 2006
Posts: 6290

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allot of pixel artist prefer MSPaint.
Just because it doesnt have bells and whistles, doesnt mean it cant do the job.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrisNMP
Fun Supervisor
Reputation: 16

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint sucks imo, there are better programs but I guess it depends on what you're comfortable with. Thats why I used PS. However majority of the greater pixel artist I came across used GG.
_________________

BENBENBENBENBENBENBENBEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fantasy
I post too much
Reputation: 13

Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 3113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with MSPaint.

Simplicity ftw, and it has every tool you need for pixel art ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 195

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1847

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
http://www.herculeaneffort.com/

These dudes use paint.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
~Pineapple!
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 2

Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 1810
Location: The Local Library :3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
http://www.herculeaneffort.com/

These dudes use paint.

Good for them.
I still recommmend GG.
Also try AnimPixels you can animate them aswell.

_________________
Killor <3
My Fast Flash SWF Downloader

Hey, Hitler, want Butt Sechs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrisNMP
Fun Supervisor
Reputation: 16

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 4650

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
Cryoma wrote:
http://www.herculeaneffort.com/

These dudes use paint.

That shouldn't matter because there are better people who use other programs such as GG, however if you wanted to support your argument based on other peoples talent you could've picked out someone better or a better example.

_________________

BENBENBENBENBENBENBENBEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development -> 2D Graphics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites