Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion: Multiple Searches At Once

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice745
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Suggestion: Multiple Searches At Once Reply with quote

You should be able to do multiple searches at once. Not only will this allow you to search for Armor and Health and Ammo simultaneously to save time, it would also take the guessing out of searching for pointers. You can search for the pointer once, get 30 possibilities, reload the game (to make the pointed to address different), use another search to find the address (i.e. Health) and go back to the first search (The one with 30 pointer possibilities) and search again with the new address hopefully to narrow them down more.

The UI would just be slightly different with this example:

Normally you have the buttons (New Search, Next Scan, BLANK AREA, Undo Scan), you should put a button in the BLANK AREA "Close Search". That would close the search, and New Search wouldn't anymore, it'd just add another search. Then on top of the ListBox that lists the address's and values of the search, or just across the whole Cheat Engine window toward the top, you can have a Tab Control to cycle through searches. Maybe even bringing up a quick Dialog on "New Search" that asks for the name of the search, so you can name it "Health" so as you go through the Tabs you know what you're looking for.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or install ce to 3 different locations and do the scans from there

also to take out guesing for pointers:
when you've found the pointer for health it's only a small matter to adjust the offsets for ammo and armor

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually thought the same thing, while running 3-4 copies of cheat engine. If possible devs, highly concider at least adding the ability to find 1 more value (which would 1/2 the time it takes to haxX0r).

One other addition I'd love to see added, is the ability to search, based on 'structure proper' rules. To further define this, I'll give an example.

Currently:
Lets say I'm searching for an unknown 4 byte value. Then I search for 'any value that has changed', then 'any value that has decreased' etc etc. Lets say the list shows 200 possibilities. As I widdle them down, I have 3 possibilities left. All of them are actually seeing changes in the same 4 byte value, but report as 3 separate addresses, because cheat engine isn't sure if 000000A 0000000B or 0000000C is the correct address.

If that example were with an 8 byte value, I could have even more 'duplicates' persay.

This gets over-memory-intensive on larger scans.

I think it'd be nice to ask cheat engine to 'be smarter' and realise that a 4 byte value wont end with 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, B, D, or F.

Make sense? Any reason(s) why this wouldn't be a good idea?

In all the games I've ever messed with (which have been 32 bit), the values addresses almost always end with 0, 4, 8, or C, so an option such as this would cut down the addresses returned by a search, by at least 4x. It could also speed up the scanning process a great deal, if the scanning process were able to check blocks of data, rather then checking the data, in-line.

This option should be sorta like quick scan, in that it could be enabled/disabled. Possibly smart enough to discriminate based on value type (i.e. knowing that a 2 byte address could end in different values then a 4-byte, or 8-byte address).

The other option would be to give us check-mark boxes in the options section, that define which end numbers/letters to ignore (however, im sure that doing this 'on the back end' could be refined much better, then having cheat enginge check the list each time).
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enable fastscan for that 'smarter' scan

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touche' ...

Could the functionality of fastscan be split, into Fast Scan and Smart Scan? Scanning in blocks rather then in-line is great, but scanning for values "around" the one specified kind of defeats the purpose Smile

(or at least the ability to 'toggle' fast scan, between scans, as the option is grey until you start a new one).

When scanning for 11.55, i get anything from 11.5000000 to 11.59999999, which could return even more results then scanning in-line does to begin with.

Thanks! and tell me if im crazy!

- Zhoul
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of multiple searches at once:
Memhack can do this, however I can't stand the rest of the interface. So I usually load it up now, only to do things like multiple searches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: