Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine 5.5 release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabe227
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Hyperscan crashes IE; fails in Firefox Reply with quote

I was thrilled to see v5.5 was released because I couldn't use v5.4 because with IE, as soon as I'd check "Hyperscan" IE would crash. When I am running Firefox and tick "Hyperscan" I get a message that states "..Hyperscan failed..".

I thought for sure v5.5 would work but unfortunately it does the same thing! Any suggestions?

Thanks..
deleted19776
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the many replies I have found, you might want to release a new version like 5.5.1, fixing all of the bugs that the users found.

Also, even if you are the strangest person I met on the internet, you are very smart.
mabe227
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyperscan crashes IE; fails in Firefox Reply with quote

I'd like to note that I'm running a Vista 32 machine and newest versions of both browsers.

mabe227 wrote:
I was thrilled to see v5.5 was released because I couldn't use v5.4 because with IE, as soon as I'd check "Hyperscan" IE would crash. When I am running Firefox and tick "Hyperscan" I get a message that states "..Hyperscan failed..".

I thought for sure v5.5 would work but unfortunately it does the same thing! Any suggestions?

Thanks..
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyperscan crashes IE; fails in Firefox Reply with quote

mabe227 wrote:

Thanks..

Not all games and processes support hyperscan. Internet explorer is one of them.
solution, DO NOT use hyperscan but use the normal scan. Really, only advantage of hyperscan is when you have more than 10000000 results after the first next scan. But still, the speed improvement isn't that big.

That's why hyperscan has been disabled as the default, the new multicore scan with combined grouping is about the same speed

Also, from what I know you can click the no disk window away

Quote:

From the many replies I have found, you might want to release a new version like 5.5.1, fixing all of the bugs that the users found.

Those bugs are fixed. That's what the revision thing is for and why it isn't on the main site yet

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Skyance
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. Smile

There's still the same insignificant bug from older versions, both "Code Finder" and "Assembler options" settings contain the same check box: "Try to prevent detection of the debugger".
.sephiroth.
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice DB, seems like the shizz-nizz
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I just found this because of a dare bump. I'll test later when I don't have XRAY running oO!
Sora
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice DB, I tried this and it's great. It has a nice menu.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coder sal wrote:
Dark Byte wrote:
go to settings general and deselect the option "hide some/all windows instead of trying to bring cheat engine to front"

as for the speedhack, do you use a dpi higher that 96 ? (Or vista with it's ugly think window borders ?)

Kk thanks for the tip; I use Vista SP1. By the way I think that you should automatically have it deselected and the users decides whether to select it?

Well it's just a default setting. I could have names it "Bring Cheat Engine to front instead of hiding some/all windows" in which case it would be disabled by default
I myself prefer the hiding method because bringing to front works less times than trying to hide the other windows

as for the speedhack, try redownloading ce, I decreased the width of the sliderbar and button so it won't fall outside of the cropped window space when using vista. Also, made it so that if you resize ce it doesn't stay but moves with the border.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
coder sal
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:

as for the speedhack, try redownloading ce, I decreased the width of the sliderbar and button so it won't fall outside of the cropped window space when using vista. Also, made it so that if you resize ce it doesn't stay but moves with the border.

Alright, thanks. It's looking good Smile
VoltTackle
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the release it's looking good.
svennie
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheat engine 5.5 doesn't work by me
if some 1 can help me i will give 1million mesos in maplestory
you can add me on msn
msn: sventerpelle_5@hot...
mabe227
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyperscan crashes IE; fails in Firefox Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
mabe227 wrote:

Thanks..

Not all games and processes support hyperscan. Internet explorer is one of them.
solution, DO NOT use hyperscan but use the normal scan. Really, only advantage of hyperscan is when you have more than 10000000 results after the first next scan. But still, the speed improvement isn't that big.

That's why hyperscan has been disabled as the default, the new multicore scan with combined grouping is about the same speed

Also, from what I know you can click the no disk window away

Quote:

Those bugs are fixed. That's what the revision thing is for and why it isn't on the main site yet

Yeah .. I tried scanning without checking 'Hyper Scan' but nothing comes up in the Address pane. Every tutorial vid I've seen (Pet Society - money) says to enable Hyper Scan.. and it works for the ppl doing the demo. What am I missing?
BRCheater
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an error message when maximize (and unmaximize) CE 5.5.

Bad english X.X
Luigi
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing Dark Byte
Thanks for the release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: