Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Hack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyw4rrior
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Speed Hack Reply with quote

Hi again ^^
Does someone knows how the CE modify the speed of a game? And how can i do it in delphi (to modify the speed of a game)?
bitterbanana
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cheat engine speed hack works by changing the game's processor speed. So it not only increases your walking speed, but it increases the speed of everything in the game. So it's not really a true speed hack. Dark byte has the source code posted in the source forum section. So check that out.

If you're interested in making a true speed hack, read on.

For halo, I found the player object positions first. Then I found that the player's object tick increments were stored in x,y,z vectors right after the position. So I just made an injection to multiply these increment vectors by some value, thus increasing the walking speed. But it increased the speed of everyone, so I had to do a simple compare statement to increase the speed only for me. But sometimes if you're going too fast, you'll run through wall and die in the abyss. Laughing

I'm not sure if it's the same for other games, but you can try the same approach.
ShadowDemon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey bitterbanna! i love all the trainers you have made man you are awesome!!!
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Movement speed hack - Deer Hunter 2 Reply with quote

I made a movement speed hack for Deer Hunter 2, and I assume this method would work in any game, that gives players a variable speed, based on things like, Equipment weight, Strength, etc...

In the end, it was all about finding the value that determines a players max speed. In this case, things like crouching/prone position, the in game 'walk or run' feature, player strength and equipment carried were all used to determine the final max run speed.

Finding the values of strength may have helped, but ASM probably caps it. Finding values of equipment weight might help, but it probably only takes away from the top speed value, rather then add to it.

So I had to find the value that defined 'current max run speed' for my character.

To find values like this is simple. Simply find a way to change that value in memory, and scan for the changes. Furthermore, try *not* to change the value, and do "unchanged" scans.

- I Did an unknown, 4 byte value scan when in the standing position.
- I then crouched, then to ensure I was catching the right value, I did a 'changed value' scan, rather then 'Decreased value' scan, for the value I'm looking for may actually increase rather then decrease, in it's 4 byte form. This would be the case if all of the above actually added a 'pressure' to your max run speed, rather then 'relief'.
- Did a few 'unchanged value' scans
- Went prone, then another "Changed value" scan
- Kept going from position to position, and using the above steps, until I narrowed it down to a few values (of course, the others changing, because my position/model/etc were changing).
- I found 1 value that was 'alone'. That is, no other value had an offset near this one.
- As I hate to find a list of possible values, and start changing them randomly (due to fear of crash), I added this to the list and watched it change, as I changed position. It changed only a little each time, and it would incrase as I got tword standing position.
- Changed the value itself and forced it to stay. Wow, I can run *really* darn fast. TOO fast!
- I changed it from a 4 byte value, to a float and found out the number was much easier to read/comprehend in this form. When standing, the value was around 60.000. When crouched, it was around 45.000 and when laying, it was around 30.000 (these are not exact values, as I can't remember them. Probably not even close heh, but the ratio is right).
- After that, I used Zhoul's method to finding pointers, to find the pointer for that value, and never had to worry about run speed again.

As for the pointer-finding method, I actually just described most of it on my 2nd post, in this thread... If anyone has any questions on this method, hit me up on AIM (Lqdgroover) , we'll find a game we both have, and I'll find a value and example of how to find it's pointer.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=4213

It's not an 'in game' example, but the theory is all there.

I've not seen the method described anywhere online, in my countless hours of trying to find methods, but, as a great Yaqui Indian said "I invented nothing." =)

Besides, any logical idea that does not include abstract thinking, should never have the right to be patented Wink

- Zhoul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: