Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advanced hacking: finding the script handler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitterbanana
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Advanced hacking: finding the script handler Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm fluent in asm to the point of code-caving and pointer-tracing. But I'm having a hard time finding the game-script handler. I would like to be able to execute game scripts from a trainer.

I'm thinking each console command is enumerated into a 2 byte value, that's how it is with GTA, but I'm going to try this with halo.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction? thanks if you can.

Regards,
Shaun
bitterbanana
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone atleast help me with finding out an enumeration for each console command? or anything else..
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the module/function list in the memory browser. Games that use unreal or half life engines usually have a dll or even main exe that exports some class functions. hook into one of those to get the class used and use that as base for calls to other class functions

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
bitterbanana
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I had no idea this option existed. This is great. I can do so much with this now. Thank you.

I've found the right function, but I'm not sure how I can use this. Do I need to do make a separate dll, or can I use these functions in a trainer?
Leonidas
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could just do some code injection if you're good with assembly, but a dll should work too. combined with some hooking.

The first parameter in a class call is usually the class object (aka self) after that the parameters of the function.
with just the class object you should be able to call other functions of the class without much trouble. You might even be able to do it in a seperate thread, but to prevent trouble just call your own calls on some predefined places. (e.g renderscreen, gametick, weaponfire etc...)
bitterbanana
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never worked with hooking before, so I'm gonna look it up. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: