Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

graphic corrupts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arsh
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: graphic corrupts Reply with quote

when we change some wrong address by accidentally or by selecting all address.then graphic corrupts,how to recover that graphic?is there only way is to by reinstall game? float values are mainly do that.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why people will tend to say to "backup saves and game files". But it happens, and it just depends on what you changed. I guess if you're somehow good at de-corrupting files then you could "recover" them, but I would just verify game files or reinstall the game.

EDIT:
After talking to @OldCheatEngineUser.

I was assuming you tried to restart the game. The more I think about it, my guess is that it might be a setting that got changed and saved, maybe. I did that one time and with Steam cloud it gave me a hard time; actually had to delete some save data, start steam in off-line mode and restart the game. Even with the steam cloud disabled it would redownload my cloud files if there was none.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backup of savefile is not help in graphic corrupts because it is data corrupt but by game save we can able to undo the things we changed - by me please reply to give me more ifo about it.And i changed things like value of a item in shop is x value then i scan and change values there is always fear to corrupt data files. And 2nd when we try to edit health in some games health is given by percent or health value. but in some games health is like 4-5 address of value like 1.6493783. and need alot scans to find a few address then there is highly chance of getting corrupt because value is float and we are not sure this is right address and we bored by increasing decreasing health.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arsh wrote:
backup of savefile is not help in graphic corrupts...

It might be a setting related to the graphics/rendering.

Arsh wrote:
... but by game save we can able to undo the things we changed ...

???

Arsh wrote:
... - by me please reply to give me more ifo about it...

About what?

Arsh wrote:
...And i changed things like value of a item in shop is x value...

I thought you changed something with the graphics, and that was the problem?

Arsh wrote:
... then i scan and change values there is always fear to corrupt data files...

Most games never write to main data files, only save data.

Arsh wrote:
...And 2nd when we try to edit health in some games health is given by percent or health value. but in some games health is like 4-5 address of value like 1.6493783...

I've seen doubles and what not, display values, inverted values; but I've never seen the real health value spanning multiple values. For me there has always been just one real value.

Arsh wrote:
...and need alot scans to find a few address then there is highly chance of getting corrupt because value is float and we are not sure this is right address and we bored by increasing decreasing health.

The "high chance of corrupting" things is because you get bored and just change random values. I mess with floats all the time, and the only corrupted files I've ever had was from a bad injection, and it was in a profile settings file.

Short Answer: If game hacking bores you, maybe try a new hobbie.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim 1's we can also change setting by notepad eg- 1 game didn't give 1300 x y resolution when i change to into 1300 then game won't starts so i change setting by notepad. ,tim 2'si means if anything happens to target value then we can replace game save file and undo that value eg- i edit money value of x game then it goes to negative and i cannot able to find address again so by save game backup there will be no mistake repeats.,tim3's about more info about how it works (maybe i can be wrong about it we are not only 2 users seeing this post there are so many users will see this and I don't want to give wrong info about something which i am not clear about it)tim's 4 when i got corrupt data then i always afraid to select all and Change values. it is hard to find value of a target which not increase ir decrease eg - a car cost in game is 50000 and a gun cost is 678900 then we find value of car hardly because it is low cost. and weapon value is easy then itand we have to play game or do some activities to getting a few address. tim's 5 float values change into main graphic data (maybe). thanks for info bro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: