Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing Values in Disassembler, Cant make trainer with them

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cyndicate
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Changing Values in Disassembler, Cant make trainer with them Reply with quote

Hey Dark, when I open an address in the disassembler, and I change the registers, or I change the command, I would like to generate a new trainer with these new commands. It seems like the only option we have to make trainers, is with nop's. The problem with nop's is they add a line, and they dont always make the desired result Like jump height, changing sub to add, and changing the registers from 1 to 0 and stuff like that.

Is there a way to save these, and use them in the trainer maker?

I have seen a few people ask this, and it is a viable question. I know you could make a trainer maker that could fill this void, it just wont be as easy for people to make a trainer. I think you should give us the option.
This will make CE by far the best app to use, and will give the advanced users something to depend on.

Another thing, on new games, you almost HAVE to use the client/server funtion of cheat engine, and the trainer maker is missing on it.

Whats the dealieo?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning to add auto-assemble scripts to the trainer maker but got a small problem with generating the code. for the trainer. I ended up with 2 methods:
1: combine the trainer it creates with the assembler and interpreter (the trainer grows about 500kb)
2: generate the code when the trainer is created, but that would remove the ability of dynamic memory allocation

and about the client-server, I'll work on it

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
The Cyndicate
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF? I keep posting, and it keeps saying "OMG IM GETTING SICK, OMG, BLURGG!" or whatever, whats up with that?
The Cyndicate
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark, I think the first option is fine. You could just make an option that says something like "Merge The Assembler and Interpreter with the trainer(Increases file size to 500k+)" A checkbox or something. Then the advanced users can check it and use it, while the normal uses can leave it unchecked, and just use the nops.

I guess one question though is this, If we already KNOW what code we need to inject at that point, you should just let us edit it in the trainer maker. Ill give an example, The code address listed is the main code...

Battlefield 2(Brand New)
Inf. Ammo: Address:005B9466

Original Code:

005b9461 - c2 04 00 - ret 0004
005b9464 - 8b 09 - mov ecx,[ecx]
005b9466 - 29 08 - sub [eax],ecx
005b9468 - 8b 56 4c - mov edx,[esi+4c]
005b946b - 83 7a 58 00 - cmp dword ptr [edx+58],00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nop'ed Code:

005b9460 - 5d - pop ebp
005b9461 - c2 04 00 - ret 0004
005b9464 - 8b 09 - mov ecx,[ecx]
005b9466 - 90 - nop
005b9467 - 90 - nop

005b9468 - 8b 56 4c - mov edx,[esi+4c]
005b946b - 83 7a 58 00 - cmp dword ptr [edx+58],00

Notice how it ADDS a line of code that wasnt there at all. Newer games check for this pattern, and nop's dont always cause the effect we want. So I have to do this...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I change the register at that location (ecx) to "00000000", and it was "00000001". The code bassically says, Subtract [ecx] from [eax] or in other words, Subtract 1 from the total amount of ammo you currently have. I just change [ecx] from 1 to 0. So it subtracts nothing from the ammo. This prevents an extra line from being written, and it also prevents cheat checks from seeing it. nop's are noticable, extra lines are noticable, but changing the registers leaves the line looking the same exact way, it just changes the value. And because the values change normally in the game anyways, the game doesnt detect a cheat.

Im not telling you anything you dont already know though Dark, this is just an explination for people that might be reading this topic.

So if we already know what code we want to replace, and the settings are already, ready, then could you not just allow us to insert our custom code, where the code already is.

This is confusing and hard to type out. Let me try to explain better.

At the Advanced Options window, where the "codes" you have found are listed, You right click the code name, and it gives you the option to replace with code that does nothing. You can do that, and then make a trainer from that point on.

Why not give us an option that says "Replace with Custom code." Then a window will popup, like the assemble window, above it would be the original code, and below it would be an edit box, like a textbox where you could type in your custom code. Then you hit OK, and it injects that code over the original code, all while it keeps a backup of the original codes handy. After the code is injected, you could click the trainer maker, and make a trainer with it, just like you could before with the nop'ed codes.

One more thing, I also noticed in the debugger that the register values are not listed. I have to goto advanced options or whatever, and right click the code, and then choose "More Information" or whatever, just to see the register values.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cyndicate wrote:
WTF? I keep posting, and it keeps saying "OMG IM GETTING SICK, OMG, BLURGG!" or whatever, whats up with that?

yes, sorry about that. if you use the 2 letter combination of &# your message gets replaced by that (it was used to replace some characters in some words like "<script" etc...)
but I didnt think about that as address or hex specifier

The Cyndicate
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cheat Engine could become alot better, and Im pretty excited about it.

If we are able to change the registers, or edit the assembly commands, and make the trainer the same way it nops lines and makes the trainer, I would be going crazy make cheats and editing applications.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cyndicate wrote:
I think Cheat Engine could become alot better, and Im pretty excited about it.

If we are able to change the registers, or edit the assembly commands, and make the trainer the same way it nops lines and makes the trainer, I would be going crazy make cheats and editing applications.

I take it you are talking about the trainer maker right? because you can already do those things in cheat engine.
But I'll see if I can add some of those things to the trainer maker

The Cyndicate
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I am talking about the trainer maker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: