Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help] My connection has a "delay" action lag.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strathe
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: [Help] My connection has a "delay" action lag. Reply with quote

Hi everyone, okay i've encountered that problem twice
before, and today once again.
The problem is that, whatever i do, games or messenger or internet, every actions i do are delayed by 3 seconds.
I.E : Sending a message : is received 3 seconds later.
3 seconds may seem nothing but it gets annoying when you get too much of it.
So, anyone would or could suggest me anything please ?
Im on a wireless connection, can't restart the router though.
Anyone ?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : Oh also, when i try to download something sometimes the connection is like "lost". Although the signal strenght is on "Very Good".
~NJ
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Ban

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any interference ie- TV's, thick walls, radios etc. between you and the router? Try changing the wireless channel that you are on to a different one to get the quality to excellent. Are you running any proxies or software that may be causing the 3 second penalty? Have you got another OS on your computer to verify you are free of viruses and the 3 second delay still occurs?
Strathe
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~NJ wrote:
Is there any interference ie- TV's, thick walls, radios etc. between you and the router? Try changing the wireless channel that you are on to a different one to get the quality to excellent. Are you running any proxies or software that may be causing the 3 second penalty? Have you got another OS on your computer to verify you are free of viruses and the 3 second delay still occurs?

I'm about to run a scan right now, thanks for the answer. No there's nothing but 2 THIN walls, and me, but it wasnt doing it till suddenly this afternoon, after that my computer froze suddently.. o-o
~NJ
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Ban

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a virus - or there may be someone downloading something on the network which can cause further lag. Scan for viruses and if possible confirm on another OS or different computer whether the lag still occurs or not.
Strathe
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scan didn't reveal anything. We're 3 or 4 on the network, but well none of them is downloading, at least i don't think so. I think it's our fucking ISP. My parents and i live at my sister's and husband's house, and they took COX -_-. If you look up that ISP with google, you'll only read bad reviews lol. Anyway thanks though, im gonna check if the lag is on any other computer.

EDIT : Ok my brother in law restarted the router so now it works well ^^ thx for the help though. Next time it does it im just gonna restart it myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: