Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Doll/White Doll.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blank
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Black Doll/White Doll. Reply with quote

Interesting.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ybDa0gSuAcg

I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Can you give me the doll that looks just like you?"

epic.
Monkeys
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god... This is one wild conclusion they pulled out of that.
It's not that they hate theirselfs... They're just used to having a White doll. A person is going to chose what he's used to about 80% of the time.

This is like an icecream man claiming he sells more Icecream when there are swimming more people in the sea.
This is not right. He sells more because of a higher temperature, AND more people go swim with a higher temperature.
zyndr0m
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeys wrote:
It's not that they hate theirselfs... They're just used to having a White doll. A person is going to chose what he's used to about 80% of the time.

This is like an icecream man claiming he sells more Icecream when there are swimming more people in the sea.
This is not right. He sells more because of a higher temperature, AND more people go swim with a higher temperature.

Not in Finland.
Blank
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeys wrote:

Wrong. It's a preference based on an underlying feeling of inferiority.
It's not that they have a white doll, it's that they think the black doll is inferior.
Which is the GOOD doll? White. Because its white - quote one of the children
Which is the BAD doll? Black. Because its black. - quote one of the children.

Also, your example was totally irrelevant. It doesn't tie with this mental structure of inferiority. You stated an example of preference based on environment. People go swin because they are hot. K? Nothing strange about that.

I choose the white doll over the black doll because it's white. What? This is preference based on the thought that white is superior.

Oh, and it's not a wild conclusion. You just seem to always fail at grasping the idea. This is evident, even in the topic about HIV/AIDS. Nothing in the thread made it seem like we were ignorant about the effect the virus has on us, yet you wrote a huge wall of text that wasn't even centered on the topic; "Where did AIDS come from?".

I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The example I gave was merely to show how a third variable can effect it all Wink I know it was quite irrelevant Very Happy

And they're children. They aren't quite vocal as we are. They call black 'bad' because it seems dirty, as THEY'RE USED TO a white doll.
That's what I believe though, and not a certain fact. It COULD be, but I doubt it, that it's because they feel inferior.
Another study, with a higher testbase (20 kids is statisticly unrellevant), could point that out.

Oh and, why the attack? "You always fail to grasp the idea"

EDIT: Just read the part about aids.
I read the whole topic, and I saw there being several conclusions being pulled out of statements about AIDS that were horrificly wrong.
I wasn't either trying to tell anything about where it came from either, but just inform the people out there about the danger that is AIDS. Seeing how so many people were quite ignorant (as you put it) on how it worked/what it is, that wasn't an unneeded luxury.
Blank
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeys wrote:
The example I gave was merely to show how a third variable can effect it all Wink I know it was quite irrelevant Very Happy

If it was irrelevant, then why post it? It isn't helping you prove your point. Third variable? There are millions of variables that can affect our actions. This is what I like to call a "No Shit" statement. No shit.

Quote:
And they're children.

Thats the point god damn it. Children. CHILDREN. If kids think one way, then that means they learned it from somewhere. That means it's being imposed and that this thought of racial superiority still exists.

Quote:
They call black 'bad' because it seems dirty, as THEY'RE USED TO a white doll.

Yeah. What? They are black themselves, fool. It's called self-degradation. Thats the whole point of the video. They say the black one is 'evil' 'bad' 'ugly' and when asked which one the kids were, they touched the black doll. Also, how the fuck can you say they are "used" to a white doll. Obviously when they set out with their parents to buy the doll, they picked the white one. The scenario in the video can be applied to shopping in a store. They would of picked the white doll for reasons they made clear.

Quote:
That's what I believe though, and not a certain fact. It COULD be, but I doubt it, that it's because they feel inferior.
Another study, with a higher testbase (20 kids is statisticly unrellevant).

I think 20 kids is a good start. Only 10% of those kids chose a white one. Not to mention how kids are advertised objects and cartoons on a massive scale. If one kid thinks this way, then another kid of the same environment has a damn good chance of thinking the same.

I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it not helping me proof my point? I tried (and obviously failed) at showing how a third variable influenced the case Smile I know there could be even more variables, but that only shows how the given variable is even less likely to be true: you disprove your own point.

Nice breaking up my text. I said they're children SO they have less vocals then us. Not other meaning to 'they're children'.

And they don't consider everything that's black to be bad... It just happened to be like that in this case. If you gave them a soccerball, one with black markings (normal one) and one with pink markings, they'd chose the black one. Because they're used to a black one. See what I mean? I might not've been clear at first, but I hope you see my point now Smile

I think it said 15 out of 20. And still, chosing that little amount of children ISN'T enough. Ask any statisticist.

PS: I'm not saying that there is no sefdegradation in this world, but I'm just trying to show how they went off board getting that conclusion from that test.
Blank
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeys wrote:
How is it not helping me proof my point? I tried (and obviously failed) at showing how a third variable influenced the case Smile I know there could be even more variables, but that only shows how the given variable is even less likely to be true: you disprove your own point.

Nice breaking up my text. I said they're children SO they have less vocals then us. Not other meaning to 'they're children'.

And they don't consider everything that's black to be bad... It just happened to be like that in this case. If you gave them a soccerball, one with black markings (normal one) and one with pink markings, they'd chose the black one. Because they're used to a black one. See what I mean? I might not've been clear at first, but I hope you see my point now Smile

I think it said 15 out of 20. And still, chosing that little amount of children ISN'T enough. Ask any statisticist.

PS: I'm not saying that there is no sefdegradation in this world, but I'm just trying to show how they went off board getting that conclusion from that test.

Typo. I meant the black one.
Anyway. No, I don't. People aren't "used" to things like that.
Point is, a soccer ball is a soccer ball.
A doll is a doll. Soccer ball, doesn't matter. It's going to get kicked.
Doll, doesn't matter. It's going to be played with.
The problem is, the only reason these children chose the white doll is because they felt it's better than the black. White doll > black doll in the majority of their opinions.
Yeah, if a kid picks one soccer ball and leaves the other, s/he doesn't think about it. The child just doesn't pick it. This one could look better, whatever.

But in this scenario, the children are asked, 'which doll is the bad doll?' and other questions like that. This is where the split between your example and this process is made. They think of the dolls like humans and when asked which doll holds the most negative [human] traits, they say the black one. When asked which doll holds the most positive [human] traits, they say the white one. Why? Both are just dolls! IF the children responded to the questions in a more... detached tone... then you'd make a strong point, and I would shut the fuck up. If the children chose dolls just on ... oh 'this doll is cuter' or whatever, then thats that. But they think the black one is evil, vile. They put down the black doll and praise the white one [for traits both do not possess, so the dolls emulate a human.]

Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow o__o

the last girl left me kinda speechless ._.

I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank wrote:
Monkeys wrote:

Wrong. It's a preference based on an underlying feeling of inferiority.
It's not that they have a white doll, it's that they think the black doll is inferior.
Which is the GOOD doll? White. Because its white - quote one of the children
Which is the BAD doll? Black. Because its black. - quote one of the children.

Also, your example was totally irrelevant. It doesn't tie with this mental structure of inferiority. You stated an example of preference based on environment. People go swin because they are hot. K? Nothing strange about that.

I choose the white doll over the black doll because it's white. What? This is preference based on the thought that white is superior.

Oh, and it's not a wild conclusion. You just seem to always fail at grasping the idea. This is evident, even in the topic about HIV/AIDS. Nothing in the thread made it seem like we were ignorant about the effect the virus has on us, yet you wrote a huge wall of text that wasn't even centered on the topic; "Where did AIDS come from?".

Actually, there might be a in-learnt thing about white and black. First of all, the good side is always?... white. The bad side is always black, right?

When we look deeper into this, white also have brightness, while black have the darkness. Think about that.
Flyte
Peanuts!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you stop and think that the colors aren't just representative of skin color?

White is commonly associated with daylight: warmth, sunlight, social interaction. Something a child would like; it comes across as friendly.

Black is commonly associated with night: cold, dark, and isolated. Something a child wouldn't like; it comes across as unfriendly.

This really has nothing what-so-ever to do with "racial superiority", it has everything to do with the life-style they had growing up, and what they find comforting.
Blank
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyte wrote:
Did any of you stop and think that the colors aren't just representative of skin color?

White is commonly associated with daylight: warmth, sunlight, social interaction. Something a child would like; it comes across as friendly.

Black is commonly associated with night: cold, dark, and isolated. Something a child wouldn't like; it comes across as unfriendly.

This really has nothing what-so-ever to do with "racial superiority", it has everything to do with the life-style they had growing up, and what they find comforting.

Interesting.
I didn't really think of that.
I am not really sure if a child would think it that far.
But it's probably a subconscious thing.
Like kids afraid of the dark, and monsters. Valid.
That should have crossed my mind earlier...
But then... does that mean black children fear each other or themselves?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flyte wrote:

This was actually the first thing that I thought of. I didn't think of it as a racial thing as much as it is a color thing. Children are too young to know about race and such, but they do understand colors, and are taught things like "Don't go outside at night", for example. I was thinking the kids were just going off the instinct of: Black:Darkness::White:Light
redslothx

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank wrote:
Flyte wrote:

Interesting.
I didn't really think of that.
I am not really sure if a child would think it that far.
But it's probably a subconscious thing.
Like kids afraid of the dark, and monsters. Valid.
That should have crossed my mind earlier...
But then... does that mean black children fear each other or themselves?

Not valid.

Everyone is born with the fear of falling and loud noices.
Fear of "monsters" is something learned. and isnt really all that common as you think it is, or like how you are making it seem.

racism = learned
descrimination = learned.
racism at a young age = learned.
descrimination at a young age = learned.
(they may not know what it is, but the actions/ideas of being racist are learned)

and they arnt seing themselves as inferior.
They are just going by color. (like some1 mentioned before)

or, on some rare occasions, some kids will know what racism is.
and they will know that it is wrong.

Also, loocking again at what they did, it was kinda wrong.
You dont single out a single race to see if they hate a race.
you used a mixed amount of kids.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: