Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi level Pointer tutorial, long way. v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nakor
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Very helpful. It was somewhat confusing due to the differences between 5.4 and 5.5 but I figured it out Smile There is some sort of strange quirk when adding a new pointer level (at least on my system) that is very confusing. I end up having to move offsets around the table until I get the right order of things.

Too bad my life doesn't have a hex address for suck...
Chase Payne
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, currently I'm studying in programming, and after 2 years I will be updating this project sometime within the next few months.

I noticed a lot has changed from the last cheat engine I used, perhaps the next update will hack a real game... like bioshock Wink
gwodus
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Broken Link Reply with quote

The link to the tutorial is broken. Does anybody have that file still laying around so we can repost it?
snowflake
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Broken Link Reply with quote

gwodus wrote:
The link to the tutorial is broken. Does anybody have that file still laying around so we can repost it?

I second the request. Somebody who still has the vid, please upload it and post the link in here.
Rissorr
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Link Reply with quote

mireazma wrote:
gwodus wrote:

I second the request. Somebody who still has the vid, please upload it and post the link in here.

Please update the link
Nemexia55
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what should i do when i find so many pointer results?
should i take the the one with lower base address or higher one?
for example:
018A2350
018A5453
018Ab351
(random numbers)

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely something I'm interested in, but the link didn't work for me. Is there any chance you could upload it again please?

edit: nvm, it seems the server is down, I'll try again in a few days
bitrunner
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the original tutorial video but there are a few on Youtube.

A few hints about tutorial step 8 (the multi-pointer tutorial):

The tutorial step 8 is very difficult to solve because the descriptions in the tutorial are very vage and outdated. I'd suggest watching an explanation video, e.g. this one: "Cheat Engine 6.4 tutorial step 8 | made easy". Link (I had to add additional blanks because the forum didn't allow me to post URLs): www . youtube . com / watch?v=0icOYSjBNUA

On my system the tutorial application behaved differently than in the video. Beginning with the second pointer, the register RSI was read and written in the same command, e.g. "mov rsi,[rsi]". Fortunately, it showed two commands in the "find out what accesses this address" dialog, so I could find the previous value of the RSI register by selecting the first command (a cmp command) instead of the mov command. Sometimes I had to press the "Change value" button twice until the dialog displayed the commands. It was also confusing that the offset for the second pointer must be 0.

EDIT: There is also a written tutorial in the thread "COMPLETE CheatEngine Tutorial(with pictures)": forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=542093
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials -> Pointer tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: