Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacking Mario Bros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GGND
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Hacking Mario Bros Reply with quote

Hello!

I have some question for you. This question concerns the game mario bros. I need two "mario" in the game. Can I find base address responsible for "mario" and copy it? Then create second one, the same and then I'll have two Mario?

Regards and pretty please help me Smile.

(If I wrote incoherently tell me about it)
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the purpose of the second mario? Do you just want another one to be rendered on screen?
Chris12
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming you want to have a real second player that one can control and all that.

What you want to do will be exceptionally hard for such a simple game.
In more complex games its possible to modify the scripting engine to get a second character (and even control him) but in such simple games a ton of the stuff is hardcoded.

Hardcoded means the programmers didn't make stuff for the general case and used a lot of assumptions for the code.

Unless its a java/flash implementation of the game (and not SNES or gameboy) that will require incredible amounts of work.

If the game is written in something modular / simple like Flash or java you might be lucky. Maybe you could replace the visuals of an enemy/npc with the mario sprite and then you could invest a good amount of time to disable the AI for that enemy and control him with injected scripts...

If you only want to have a second mario visible on the screen with no real interaction like the previous guy said it will be easy.

Just copying adresses won't help at all.
Do you have any previous knowledge about hacking stuff? If not try with something simpler first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: