Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sacred - Unlimited Runes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donpiano
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Sacred - Unlimited Runes Reply with quote

I just got started with CE, and I must say Im impressed!
The game Im playing these days, is SACRED. A classic RPG with a huge map, and lots of fun spells and powers for the players.

There are several cheats out there already, but most won't work when a new patch is released. - A German savegame editor exists, and that still works (after the patches,) actually.

Even still - one thing I have always missed in this game is the ability to get as many RUNES as you like. It takes longer and longer to find Runes as you gain levels, and when you do get one, it rarely is the one you want - or it isn't even for your character class.

So you need to gather FOUR random runes, and then exchange them with the combo-master to be able to choose ONE that represents your character class.

I did something funny with CE.
in the game I position myself trading with the combo master - having four random runes, I place them in their respective slots. What happens then is that the new box comes alive, and let's you choose one for yourself, and click the money button to buy it for 2500 gold, or whatever it is.

I use the "value has changed/unchanged" trick, and after a GAZILLION tries - I actually find the value where the new box for the rune-of-choice appears.
Sadly - I can't do anything about it.

BUT .. in the process I find the graphics for the ARROWS you click "next rune" with! .. I laughed when I noticed this.

As I freeze the graphic arrow, I am able to just choose the rune I want and click buy. Since the BUY BUTTON isn't lit, you won't even have to pay for the rune.

And this never ends - you can get as many runes as you like.

POWERFUL character.

Now you're probably wondering why Im not posting these addresses under "trainers." - Well, as I restart the game, the values arent there anymore.
Its easier to find though, now that I know what to look for.

The arrows has value "256" - so I start new search, search for exact value "256" and then go back to the game. Here I position four random runes in thir slots, and get the ability to click the "next" arrow. - now I choose "has changed" in CE, and ..now I think you get the idea.

256 is on, and 0 is off. Shoudln't take you more than 5-6 searches, and you've got it. - Both arrows, even.

In closing - has anyone got any idea how I could lock this value "forever" ?

Oh - and to the programmer! - GREAT WORK! Absolutely love this program. - Not knowing about programming pretty much at all, I must say Im happy there are people out there willing to do this for us wanna-be game hakcers! ;)

The only thing I miss in CE (that would make it perfect) - was the ability to save an .exe file that would lock the addresses I have locked. Then being able to send off the saved "trainer" to friends.

Thanks again!

ßiÃÆ
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMA - http://www.sheeprec.cjb.net
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

easiest method:
If the game also stores your player name in the memory also search for that and put it in your list.
then just give the ct file to your friends and tell them to scan for their player name and use the recalculate addresses option to get the correct addresses.

or you could try to find the pointer(s) to your game.
I think that for this game the base pointer will be the same for most addresses and the offset is calculated very easy
donpiano
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do that pointer thing, but when it warns me that it will attach to the .exe and I click yes, the game just dies instantly. Never seen a game quit that fast. Its like "click this button to get to desktop in an instant."

It's no biggy, though - but it would have been fun to figure it out. Smile

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of windows are you using ? (it's designed for win2000 and later, but earlier should work too)

anyhow, instead of selecting the process the normal way select the process and then click on advanced: attach to process . Sometimes that works better.

Or if you're using windows 2000 or xp then go to settings and go to the code fuinder tab.
Select the other option and try again
donpiano
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that yesterday, but the game still quits like it is aware of what Im doing. - I swear, it's almost like the game knows .. It quits just as fast as the windows calculator does when you exit it.

Annoying, because I know the principle works. I tried it in Pandora Tomorrow, and it worked there. Just meddled around with it a bit yesterday, and managed unlimited ammo for the sc20k (for those of you who have played the game and know that weapon ;)

anyway - this cheat engine tool is very fun to work with.

I am new with this, and learning as I go along - but it is very interesting and fun!

Thanks again for making this available to us! Smile

Marc
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing, works like a charm!

Had to use tsearch instead of CE because I could not narrow the number of results down with CE, but at least it worked. Excellent information, thanks for sharing it!

To help finding it: at least at my tests, the value(s) are in the area above $9500000 - should be possible to narrow down the scanned memory a little.

cu
Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: