Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHEAT ENGINE TUTORIAL step by step zzzzz

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
me
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: CHEAT ENGINE TUTORIAL step by step zzzzz Reply with quote

well this is really basic stuff just to answer ( hopefully ) some questions about the tutorial that comes with cheat engine,
this is only aimed at the complete begginers that the original tutorial that comes with the cheat engine was designed for..

so here goes-->

================

1) start the cheat engine tutorial by going to ----> START/CHEAT ENGINE XX/CHEAT ENGINE TUTORIAL

xx is whatever version of cheat engine you have installed,

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2) start cheat engine,
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3) in the process list choose tutorial.exe and click the ok button,
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4) time for the first scan...
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5) now we can try the next scan
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6) now we have found one address, we have to change the value of that address to 1000 or more to enable the NEXT BUTTON,
to change the value to 1000 just double click on the value part of your found address and enter 1000 into the dialogue box that pops up ,,,

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(step 3 unknown value search )

( make a note of the password for later use )

7) ok now we have a bar instead of a value,, so using text from the tutorial...

" We only know that the value is between 0 and 500. And each time you click 'hit me' you lose some health. The
ammount you lose each time is shown above the statusbar."
------

a) So first of all hit the NEW SCAN button to wipe out the previous scans, and start a fresh search,

b) use the drop down menu to change the SCAN TYPE to UNKNOWN,

c) now hit the FIRST SCAN button again to start a new search,

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d) now in the tutorial window click on the hit me button, the status bar will decrease, ( and flash up how many points you have decreased by, you can use that amount in a "decreased by" search to speed up things, (but for now go to e) ),

e) choose "DECREASED VALUE" as the scan type,

f) hit the next scan button,

g) click on the hit me button, repeat this till you have 4 consecutive addresses,(if you carry on hitting the "hit me" button, you can see the bottom value in the found addresses is changing by the amount flashed up)
double click on the bottom found address, to add this address to the list,

h) double click on this address in the part and change it to 5000 to enable the next button, (then click it of course )

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( make a note of the password for later use),

Cool ( step 4 floating point search and double floating point search),

a) ok hit the new scan button again to start a fresh search,

b) choose float as the value type, (for the health )

c) enter 100 as your value for the search,(with scan type left as exact value),

d) hit the good old "FIRST SCAN" button,

e) nice, I got 1 found address on the first go...double click it to add it to the address list...,

f) hit the new scan button to start a fresh search,

g) now search for 100 again, but choose double as your value type (for the ammo), I got 2 addresses on the first scan,

h) click on the "FIRE"button to decrease the ammo, you can see only one address changes, and it tallies with the value of the ammo in the tutorial.exe

I) well search for the Integer value of the ammo, ignore the bit after the decimal point,

for example I got 99.5 .....

so my next scan is for 99

j) double click on the address to add it to our address list as usual,

k) change both the float and double float to 5000 to go to the next level....

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9) (step 5 code finder function )

a) ok you should know that you have to hit the new scan button to start a fresh search by now,

b) right, now to set cheat engine up for this search,,we enter 100 for our search

c) SCAN TYPE = EXACT VALUE,

d) VALUE TYPE = 4 BYTES (because the value we are searching for is under 256 which is a byte value, we would normally try a byte search first),

e) hit the first scan button,

f) hit the change value button in tutorial.exe

g) enter the new value to search for into the cheat engine search field and hit NEXT SCAN....with luck you will get one address..

h) double click the address to add it to the address list,

I) right mouse click the address and choose " find out what writes to this address" from the context menu,

click yes when your asked if you want to attache the debugger,

now you will have a nice debugger window that will display any opcodes that change your address,

J) click the "change value button" and the code that changes your found address will appear in the debugger window, with the message " the following opcodes changed the selected address",

k) select this code address and hit the " ADD TO CODE LIST" button, a new window called ADVANCED OPTIONS will appear with the line of code in it, right click the line of code and choose REPLACE WITH CODE THAT DOES NOTHING form the context list,
your line of code will turn red to show that the code has been replaced with NOP's

(to return the code to it's original state you right click the red lines of code and choose RESTORE WITH ORIGINAL CODE)

L) hit the stop button in the debugger window, now the stop button say's close, so hit the button again to close the debugger window,

m) In the cheat engine tutorial hit the change value button again... this time the value will remain the same and the NEXT button will be enabled again, to take you to step 6 of the tut..............

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10) ( step 6 pointers )

a) right start a new scan like you did before, enter the tutorial value (it should be 100 again at the start of step 6 ),hit first scan in cheat engine, hit the change value button in the tutorial, enter the new value into cheat engine and hit the next scan button, I got one address so should you... double click on this address to add it to the address list like we did before,

b) right click on the address " find out what writes to this address"

c) click on the change value button in the tutorial, your line of that changed your address will appaer in the debugger window like it did last time,

d) in the debugger window make sure the line of code is highlighted and hit the MORE INFORMATION button (or just dowble click on the address line to do the same thing )

e) in the EXTRA INFO window you can see your line of code highlighted red, you can see the sentence under Copy Memory....." the value of the pointer needed to find this address is probably ".......... and your pointer address

mine was 008da364.. these are our addresses held in the EAX register.. so EAX holds 008da364, the brackets around EAX mean the CONTENTS of eax are being proccessed,

so [EAX]=[008da364]
and the contents of 008da364 on my search was 813,,,,

get it!! [EAX]=[008da364]=813,

/*also you can see the value held in the EDX register that is being moved into [EAX] is 32D,, that is the HEX eqivalent of 813 decimal..*/

f) now click the NEW SCAN button in cheat engine to start a fresh search .

g) click on the HEX value box to enable a hex search for your pointer address (addresses usually have hex values in them you see)..

h) clear the value box then enter your address you got from the EXTRA INFO window , you can leave the 2 zero's that were on the front of the address (remember mine was 008da364,,, well you can just use 8da364),

I) now click on the FIRST SCAN button, hopefully you will have one address, double click on the found address to add it to you code list...now in the address list click on the address part to open up the CHANGE ADDRESS dialogue box,

click on the pointer check box and re-enter the same address (8D2754) leave the OFFSET as zero,

the reason you need to re-enter the address as a pointer is so when you freeze the address, cheat engine knows that you want to freeze the contents of the address 8d2754 points to,,, otherwise it will just freeze the address 8d2752 which will not freeze your value,,

J) now click the ok button so it is now a pointer address in our address list,

notice that instead of showing 8DA7AC, it shows the value address 8DA7AC is holding..which is 3D2 in my picture.
which is the HEX equivilent of 813 decimal,, your value will be diffrerent..

k) ok to enable the next button you have to double click on the value part of your pointer address, change the value to 5000,

L) in the tutorial click on the CHANGE POINTER button,

now the next button will be enabled, click on that and you've finished the cheat engine tutorial HURRAAAHHH...

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a bit bloated and long winded,

just use one step at a time till you get the idea,
the thing is ....
this is trying to cover graphically quite a lot,
from the very basic starting up ce and selecting the cheat engine tutorial process, through the code finding part,
and up to finding a pointer,
so it covers quite a bit of ground, so therefore its a bit messy around the edges,.....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: